1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:By my calculations they need to deliver a new album by 13 June 2023 to avoid exceeding the greatest interval between studio albums. NLOTH and SOI were...and this is where it does get kinda weird...2020 days apart!

The countdown is on!!!
    They were both exactly 2020 days?

2. No, SOI was released 2020 days after NLOTH was.
  3. Are you sure the calculations between HTDAAB and NLOTH are correct?
  4. We are 1106 after SOE.
  5. I think U2’s next album will come sometime in 2022. Depends on a potential AB Tour I guess. I’m all for a new album/tour instead, but AB30 is a better way to fill stadiums, so who knows?
  6. On February, 22, 2021 we will pass the SOE > SOI barrier.
  7. I wonder if they will ever tour a new album in stadiums again?
  8. Moving forward we will forever know September, 9, 2014 as virus day....
  9. I think they will. They just need it to be on the back of a long time off touring so that people will be keen to see them again and/or with a fancy new stage set up which would likely spark interest amongst people that might otherwise be on the fence about attending.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think they will. They just need it to be on the back of a long time off touring so that people will be keen to see them again and/or with a fancy new stage set up which would likely spark interest amongst people that might otherwise be on the fence about attending.
    Yes, I think they will too. I can't see them doing 100+ arena shows per year like they used to. With stadiums, they can play to more people over a shorter time period. It makes sense for an older act to gradually switch towards more stadium shows. Maybe the next tour will be a mix of arenas and stadiums.