1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They could do both boxsets in 2024. I think Dortmund would definitely be a good shout as well. The full show though as it would give it better representation from the album with A Sort Of Homecoming and The Unforgettable Fire included. 11 O’clock tick tock would be a nice addition as well to give the show its proper opener.
    Don't get me started on - or even thinking about - a FULL Dortmund show!
  2. They have shows from every tour as well that have been filmed but not released. Can’t think of the early ones of the top of my head but they’re on YouTube, as mentioned Dortmund, for JT there’s at least L.A and Syracuse, Lovetown has point depot and there was the Australian documentary so there’s likely a full show recorded from their. Zoo tv there’s a few Stockholm, Washington, Basel, Adelaide. Popmart there’s loads, elevation south bend, vertigo apparently Matt Askem did one of the Dublin shows, there must be the full milan gig regardless of some of the rumoured excuses for that, the broadcast South American shows and probably quite a bit was filmed for u23d, 360 I’m not quite sure at a show I could pinpoint but I think by that point there was probably plenty of cameras at every gig. I&E there’s the other paris nights, JT2017 we’re waiting on and i’d imagine there’s plenty from 2019 and E&I theres Wahsington. These are just some of the stuff we know about, there could and probably will be other stuff we don’t know about especially in more recent years. Based on the short clips we’ve seen of songs every show has been filmed to enough of an extent for a release in the last few tours.
  3. Richard Lowenstein filmed sydney show(s?) in Lovetown.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:They have shows from every tour as well that have been filmed but not released. Can’t think of the early ones of the top of my head but they’re on YouTube, as mentioned Dortmund, for JT there’s at least L.A and Syracuse, Lovetown has point depot and there was the Australian documentary so there’s likely a full show recorded from their. Zoo tv there’s a few Stockholm, Washington, Basel, Adelaide. Popmart there’s loads, elevation south bend, vertigo apparently Matt Askem did one of the Dublin shows, there must be the full milan gig regardless of some of the rumoured excuses for that, the broadcast South American shows and probably quite a bit was filmed for u23d, 360 I’m not quite sure at a show I could pinpoint but I think by that point there was probably plenty of cameras at every gig. I&E there’s the other paris nights, JT2017 we’re waiting on and i’d imagine there’s plenty from 2019 and E&I theres Wahsington. These are just some of the stuff we know about, there could and probably will be other stuff we don’t know about especially in more recent years. Based on the short clips we’ve seen of songs every show has been filmed to enough of an extent for a release in the last few tours.
    I wonder what will ever come of the EI Washington show. While I love Berlin and understand why they released it (due to the different setlist vs IE), it would still be cool to see the proper Washington show come to light as a fanclub gift or for one of those virtual road shows. I saw the Philly show on that tour and that would be a pretty close approximate to getting that show in terms of setlist and theme.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:They have shows from every tour as well that have been filmed but not released. Can’t think of the early ones of the top of my head but they’re on YouTube, as mentioned Dortmund, for JT there’s at least L.A and Syracuse, Lovetown has point depot and there was the Australian documentary so there’s likely a full show recorded from their. Zoo tv there’s a few Stockholm, Washington, Basel, Adelaide. Popmart there’s loads, elevation south bend, vertigo apparently Matt Askem did one of the Dublin shows, there must be the full milan gig regardless of some of the rumoured excuses for that, the broadcast South American shows and probably quite a bit was filmed for u23d, 360 I’m not quite sure at a show I could pinpoint but I think by that point there was probably plenty of cameras at every gig. I&E there’s the other paris nights, JT2017 we’re waiting on and i’d imagine there’s plenty from 2019 and E&I theres Wahsington. These are just some of the stuff we know about, there could and probably will be other stuff we don’t know about especially in more recent years. Based on the short clips we’ve seen of songs every show has been filmed to enough of an extent for a release in the last few tours.
    I think the most likely scenario if we see any of that will be some online content or on a streaming service instead of tied to a release. And then who knows? The band struggled to find a home for the Experience and Innocence material on streaming in North America. They certainly tried to sell it there but had no takers in Canada, and it only aired on a niche HD channel in the US. (HBO picked it up for most of Europe.)

They seem to be walking away from releasing video content in general in a physical format though. Sales of music home videos have been tanking so I’m sure it’s hitting U2 as well. The newer box sets have been more focused on putting material out on vinyl, and haven’t even included a video component.
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I think the most likely scenario if we see any of that will be some online content or on a streaming service instead of tied to a release. And then who knows? The band struggled to find a home for the Experience and Innocence material on streaming in North America. They certainly tried to sell it there but had no takers in Canada, and it only aired on a niche HD channel in the US. (HBO picked it up for most of Europe.)

They seem to be walking away from releasing video content in general in a physical format though. Sales of music home videos have been tanking so I’m sure it’s hitting U2 as well. The newer box sets have been more focused on putting material out on vinyl, and haven’t even included a video component.
    Sorry to sort of go of on a tangent but do you know if the Uber deluxe set of AB sold well? I know that’s 10 years ago but I’m thinking about big boxsets they could put together and what potential they have. It would be good to compare for example Achtung Baby uber with the recent ATYCLB boxsets, and JT even that were much cheaper. I don’t really expect all that stuff I mentioned to be released physically, maybe not released at all tbh but online or a streaming service as you suggested would be a more realistic shout. I wouldn’t mind them adding a separate streaming service to the fan club at a small monthly cost to stream these previously unreleased shows. Even at £5 a month if they put loads of content on their it would be value for money for me but also I’m sure profitable enough to maintain. I’d always rather own stuff but with the option of no release or paying to stream them I’d go with the latter.
  7. Originally posted by ThomDorke:[..]
    I wonder what will ever come of the EI Washington show. While I love Berlin and understand why they released it (due to the different setlist vs IE), it would still be cool to see the proper Washington show come to light as a fanclub gift or for one of those virtual road shows. I saw the Philly show on that tour and that would be a pretty close approximate to getting that show in terms of setlist and theme.
    Washington is a prime example of how u2.com could be doing more for subscribers. They could easily give that as a subscribers special (not a subscribers gift, there's a difference). Or at least give us pro shot full length clips of Red Flag Day, Landlady, Love is All We Have Left and American Soul.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Sorry to sort of go of on a tangent but do you know if the Uber deluxe set of AB sold well? I know that’s 10 years ago but I’m thinking about big boxsets they could put together and what potential they have. It would be good to compare for example Achtung Baby uber with the recent ATYCLB boxsets, and JT even that were much cheaper. I don’t really expect all that stuff I mentioned to be released physically, maybe not released at all tbh but online or a streaming service as you suggested would be a more realistic shout. I wouldn’t mind them adding a separate streaming service to the fan club at a small monthly cost to stream these previously unreleased shows. Even at £5 a month if they put loads of content on their it would be value for money for me but also I’m sure profitable enough to maintain. I’d always rather own stuff but with the option of no release or paying to stream them I’d go with the latter.
    When the Achtung Baby Uber box came out they had three additional reissue projects in the works. They had a lot of plans that didn’t happen. They just stopped for six years instead and let go the team they had working on them. So while I don’t know how it sold, or if they were happy or not - but had they been happy why not do more? They certainly had others planned and research done and even work done on clearing samples and the like for one. And they had a number of years there where nothing really came out.

That being said I know the sales for the recent ATYCLB box were a bit of a surprise. It even made a few charts, and apparently sold better that The Joshua Tree set from a few years earlier. So who knows what works and what doesn’t? They would know what’s reaching and audience and what falls flat via sales numbers…
  9. They are running out of projects to re-issue. Pop being the most obvious example.
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    When the Achtung Baby Uber box came out they had three additional reissue projects in the works. They had a lot of plans that didn’t happen. They just stopped for six years instead and let go the team they had working on them. So while I don’t know how it sold, or if they were happy or not - but had they been happy why not do more? They certainly had others planned and research done and even work done on clearing samples and the like for one. And they had a number of years there where nothing really came out.

That being said I know the sales for the recent ATYCLB box were a bit of a surprise. It even made a few charts, and apparently sold better that The Joshua Tree set from a few years earlier. So who knows what works and what doesn’t? They would know what’s reaching and audience and what falls flat via sales numbers…
    Cheers for the info. Some surprising stuff all round. Does sound like the recent boxsets are working though. I hope they continue with them for a few albums but with previously unreleased live stuff like MSG with JT30. Pop and HTDAAB releases would be welcome in the next couple of years. My hope is with AB this year and potentially Pop next year that the fan club releases of Sydney and Mexico would stop them from being options and would mean we’d get something unreleased. Only a few songs from Chicago were on communication so maybe for HTDAAB they would go with that but I’d obviously be hoping for something different again. That’s if they do keep up these releases for the next few years.
  11. Realistic shows from Pop to release are probably Rotterdam and Edmonton. There’s the South American shows as well and a few other gigs that were proshot but we’ve had bits of Rotterdam and Edmonton already. Rotterdam is what my money would be on if they were to do a boxset. I’m writing off Mexico because of the Hasta La Vista cd.
  12. They are doing some sort of Achtung Baby thing this fall from the rumours, and they did The Joshua Tree in 2017. So they seem to be more than willing to go back to the well multiple times. Personally I’m waiting for the 30th anniversary Passengers box set.