1. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I would be only for Pop (would be only chance to hear Pop tracks live), but that's not happening.
    Don't need another nostalgia tour, but it seems majority artists are doing this (even 10 years anniversary tours) so it became trend now
    I hate trends even more than I hate nostalgia tours, so fuck that
  2. There was one "back to basics" album before and it became ATYCLB - so no thank you

I disagree. It's still way too sophisticated and in the mould of TUF/JT than the earliest albums.
  3. I know right!
    I just stated the fact where live music is now...
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Thank you everyone for the input, the predictions and the feedback.

I just can't believe so many fans want another nostalgia tour

I’m not surprised so many people want AB30, I still don’t really understand why people don’t even with the explanations. Different if they weren’t going to bring out new albums and tour them but I don’t think that’s expected so for me AB30+brand new tour (supporting a new album) is better than just the brand new tour. More is better.
  5. It wasn't alternative and electronic like AB to Pop, so yes it was different, but really didn't touch the quality of those 80's albums.
  6. ZOO TV/OUTSIDE BROADCAST/ZOOROPA concept was fully integrated in its own era : war in the gulf and CNN broadcasting live a war conflict, power of medias, east block collapsing, and so on. It wouldn't fit in 2021. And I can't imagine Bono at 60 in leather and fly glasses. They already stated that Rock N Roll is ridiculous, but with this revival, it's the band itself that would be ridiculous.
  7. Originally posted by StephOnTour87:ZOO TV/OUTSIDE BROADCAST/ZOOROPA concept was fully integrated in its own era : war in the gulf and CNN broadcasting live a war conflict, power of medias, east block collapsing, and so on. It wouldn't fit in 2021. And I can't imagine Bono at 60 in leather and fly glasses. They already stated that Rock N Roll is ridiculous, but with this revival, it's the band itself that would be ridiculous.
    Agreed.
  8. I think a lot of the people wanting an Achtung Baby/Zoo TV tour were too young to have seen the 92-93 tour and grew up watching the Sidney show. I think U2 would be foolish to do it, as they would be competing with themselves in trying to top it and they likely wouldn’t be able to bring anything new to the staging to top what they did before.

The Joshua Tree in 87 had nothing special with staging, allowing them to add a whole new visual element to it. It would be pointless to try to top Zoo TV’s staging. Besides being forced by Live Nation into touring The Joshua Tree or be in breach of contract, they felt they could bring something new to it. I can’t see either of those issues being the case in 2021-22.
  9. Originally posted by KenL:I think a lot of the people wanting an Achtung Baby/Zoo TV tour were too young to have seen the 92-93 tour and grew up watching the Sidney show. I think U2 would be foolish to do it, as they would be competing with themselves in trying to top it and they likely wouldn’t be able to bring anything new to the staging to top what they did before.

The Joshua Tree in 87 had nothing special with staging, allowing them to add a whole new visual element to it. It would be pointless to try to top Zoo TV’s staging. Besides being forced by Live Nation into touring The Joshua Tree or be in breach of contract, they felt they could bring something new to it. I can’t see either of those issues being the case in 2021-22.
    Exactly. JT was perfect for an anniversary tour in many ways. All lights were on green. For AB or Zoo TV anniversary it's almost all red. So it's not going to happen, unless they do it the other way around and go to very small venues and/or go acoustic or something.
  10. Originally posted by KenL:I think a lot of the people wanting an Achtung Baby/Zoo TV tour were too young to have seen the 92-93 tour and grew up watching the Sidney show. I think U2 would be foolish to do it, as they would be competing with themselves in trying to top it and they likely wouldn’t be able to bring anything new to the staging to top what they did before.

11. Originally posted by KenL:I think a lot of the people wanting an Achtung Baby/Zoo TV tour were too young to have seen the 92-93 tour and grew up watching the Sidney show. I think U2 would be foolish to do it, as they would be competing with themselves in trying to top it and they likely wouldn’t be able to bring anything new to the staging to top what they did before.

AB30 doesn’t need to be a zoo tv anniversary. Yes the pairing of the the album and tour were perfect and for me is probably the highlight of the bands career however AB30 only needs to celebrate the album not the tour and the songs are more than good enough without all the fancy stuff to go with it. They could keep certain elements but they should do it without trying to compete with zoo tv.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    AB30 doesn’t need to be a zoo tv anniversary. Yes the pairing of the the album and tour were perfect and for me is probably the highlight of the bands career however AB30 only needs to celebrate the album not the tour and the songs are more than good enough without all the fancy stuff to go with it. They could keep certain elements but they should do it without trying to compete with zoo tv.
    It would be an adaptation just like JT30 was.