1. Bye live music! Seen hundred of concerts. U2 and Pearl Jam alone over 100 times. I’m good. No chance I’ll contribute to this bullshit.
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Bye live music! Seen hundred of concerts. U2 and Pearl Jam alone over 100 times. I’m good. No chance I’ll contribute to this bullshit.
    No criticism towards your stance which is your right and understandable as well but for everyone like you there will be a new generation of fan coming through for some artists and for older artists still enough people willing to pay and with dynamic pricing it could well be that artists will be able to sacrifice a few thousand seats in a stadium or 1 or 2 thousand in an arena and still make more than a sell out on previous tours because they charged lower so fans not attending won’t be missed. Not saying I’m happy about that, it would be great if everyone could afford to see their favourite artists or felt happy to pay the going rate but the reality is they don’t care if you go or not because not enough fans will take a stance against it. If I can get a u2 ticket for £200 or less I’ll be going to see them next time they tour. I might go to less shows however than I would have done depending on what I end up paying.
  3. I have never laid more than £100 to see U2 and my limit wouldn’t be much over that amount. There’s not a chance I am going to be a live concert goer if this is the new norm. The product is the product and should cost a set amount.

I’d rather miss out on a ticket at £60 face value because it sold out rather than have the option to spend £350 for the same ticket. I understand the rationale for dynamic pricing but it’s a game I do not wish to partake in.
  4. I'm glad dynamic pricing is not allowed in EU and hope it will stay like that.
    And luckily the most of my favourite artists aren't at stadium/big arena level, so concerts in clubs or halls are still affordable...
  5. Clearly no cost of living crisis in Bey’s universe.
  6. As much as I understand it the biggest turn off is that it doesn’t necessarily consider the budget of the normal fan.

If GA is £70 and I can afford £80 then I have a chance in general sale or when there are drops. If the tickets are £300 because of dynamic pricing and don’t drop to anywhere close to £80 then I never get a chance whereas I do with traditional pricing methods. Grgh.
  7. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    No criticism towards your stance which is your right and understandable as well but for everyone like you there will be a new generation of fan coming through for some artists and for older artists still enough people willing to pay and with dynamic pricing it could well be that artists will be able to sacrifice a few thousand seats in a stadium or 1 or 2 thousand in an arena and still make more than a sell out on previous tours because they charged lower so fans not attending won’t be missed. Not saying I’m happy about that, it would be great if everyone could afford to see their favourite artists or felt happy to pay the going rate but the reality is they don’t care if you go or not because not enough fans will take a stance against it. If I can get a u2 ticket for £200 or less I’ll be going to see them next time they tour. I might go to less shows however than I would have done depending on what I end up paying.
    Luckily I could afford it I just choose not too. I’ve seen countless bands and I have no desire to contribute to this industry anymore. There are two bands I’ll see no matter what. Pearl Jam and U2. Everyone else , I’m good. Seen them all. There are other things I’d rather spend my money.
  8. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Luckily I could afford it I just choose not too. I’ve seen countless bands and I have no desire to contribute to this industry anymore. There are two bands I’ll see no matter what. Pearl Jam and U2. Everyone else , I’m good. Seen them all. There are other things I’d rather spend my money.
    I’m probably with you in only seeing u2 no matter what, I would still get tickets for other artists but I won’t pay anything like I’ll pay to see u2. Maybe £100 limit for other artists depending on who it is, ideally £60-£80 tbh, but if I miss out because of that stance so be it.
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:Beyonce is using dynamic pricing on her tour. 2 normal GA tickets, not even gold circle or anything, will set you back nearly £800 based on current demand. These aren't official platinum tickets either, just normal GA straight from Ticketmaster.

[image]

Dynamic pricing : just another polite word for bullshit !!!
    The single ticket price you're paying is more that I pay for my Glasto ticket. I may reach the same amount in the end but this will include my flght from France and travelling to and from the airports.
  10. worth holding tight. Paris 2017 i got tickets that were £200 for £50 on the day of the show

11. I can’t speak for other tickets but I got tickets for Bey’s Toronto show and our $260 Canadian for them. I’m in the section I have blurred for yellow and in 2011 saw U2 in SkyDome and paid I think $225-250 for a seat in the stands closest to one of the claw legs. So I don’t think I paid a big difference.
  12. Don’t give up on live music because of this greedy dynamic pricing bulls**t; get out instead and support young and emerging artists. I’ve seen and am going to see a number of artists who are charging no more than AU$60 which is about US$40 and £35. As much as I enjoy a stadium or arena spectacular; being close to the stage in an intimate venue with a capacity of 200-500, listening to a new singer or band is great fun. At my last one (Hayley Mary - look her up on Spotify), I got to chat to her at the merchandise desk, get her to autograph the set list and take a selfie with me. Most will never become as big as Beyoncé or U2 but there are still some fabulous shows to be seen at bargain prices.