1. They must be intentionally trying to make this whole project terrible or maybe they’re trying to take the focus away from the poor new versions but a couple of clips on YouTube of the videos for with or without you and pride and it’s just dancers. Not doubting they’re talented at what they do but why on earth would I want to hear with or without you watching some guy dance and the same for pride. What the hell is going on with this band, or what’s left of it.

2. These video commissions look cheap and forgettable. It reminds me of that awful SOI video album the produced. Bad videos for meh songs. Their best bet at staying relevant in 2023? Less is more... and Larry is present. Let the strength of your master works speak for themselves.
  3. Originally posted by enoone:These video commissions look cheap and forgettable. It reminds me of that awful SOI video album the produced. Bad videos for meh songs. Their best bet at staying relevant in 2023? Less is more... and Larry is present. Let the strength of your master works speak for themselves.
    It’s like ever since Paul retired they just keep making stupid decisions, both creative and business. I think Paul and Larry played a bigger role in creative control than we give them credit. Without them to block the bad ideas, things seem to be veering off course. (I know Larry is technically “still in the band”, but his role has clearly diminished to that of a part time job, probably by his choice).
  4. Originally posted by theflytv:They must be intentionally trying to make this whole project terrible or maybe they’re trying to take the focus away from the poor new versions but a couple of clips on YouTube of the videos for with or without you and pride and it’s just dancers. Not doubting they’re talented at what they do but why on earth would I want to hear with or without you watching some guy dance and the same for pride. What the hell is going on with this band, or what’s left of it.

[YouTube Video]

[YouTube Video]
    Fixed the videos for ya. Wow, these are really terrible videos. I like dancing in general and I like modern dance in particular, but these videos don't add nothing to the songs neither conceptually nor visually. Really bad choices. I hope the rest are better.
  5. Were those filmed on mid range Android phones?
  6. awfull
  7. I can't believe the news today
    Oh, I can't close my eyes
    And make it go away...

Why is this happening, I love U2 but they're not making it easy, are they?
    The whole residency thing, Larry being replaced, and these strange, mostly for the worse, reworked songs (complete with weird videos) from their back catalogue?

It's not for me but good luck to those who are liking the sound of the forthcoming album, I'll sit this one out and wait (and pray) that something better follows.
  8. Stories for boys has one of they videos to go with it on YouTube now, still only a small part of the song but I must say much better video and something from SOS to actually quite look forward to. It was one of the few songs that sounded promising from the audiobook clips.
  9. Looks like beautiful day is the next release going by the iTunes preview. Another song that sounded great on Bono’s solo tour that is dreadful here, don’t know what he’s doing with his singing on this album.
  10. The release choices are dreadful. Give me something interesting.
  11. There probably isn’t anything really interesting on SoS….