U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    You should be. And not only for this residency. Just wait until their next actual tour. Imo their prices were insane for the SOE tour. It’ll be much worse next
    Yep. U2 haven’t toured NA or Europe since 2018, so demand will be strong anyway. Plus it might be their last major tour. Also, dynamic pricing being what it is, these prices are gonna be nuts for the next tour. If U2 tour in 2024, my entire concert budget for the year will probably go to them.

At this point, going to the potential Vegas shows seems like a logistical (and financial) nightmare for me.
  2. Dynamic pricing for this is going to be awful.
  3. works both ways, once LN realise the "overwhelming demand" is no longer there they will slash prices
  4. If it happens, it will be a band with one of the best reputations for their live shows performing at a brand new, state of the art, even-speakers-in-the-damn-floor venue. Demand will be through the roof, and I'll bet all the shows will sell out quickly. Weather will be good in Vegas, it's easy to get to from all over the US, and people will presumably plan a vacation around a show (or shows)
  5. Originally posted by bonoschild:If it happens, it will be a band with one of the best reputations for their live shows performing at a brand new, state of the art, even-speakers-in-the-damn-floor venue. Demand will be through the roof, and I'll bet all the shows will sell out quickly. Weather will be good in Vegas, it's easy to get to from all over the US, and people will presumably plan a vacation around a show (or shows)
    Dynamic pricing will probably ensure non of the gigs sell out completely. For fans not successful in the presale they will have to make a judgment call about when to bite for tickets to get them at the best price once they drop to an affordable level that is as most people will be priced out for a period of time when the pricing hits its peak.
  6. I hope Bono duets with a big, projected cartoon Lion Bono. That would be on-brand for the middle-aged Vegas lemmings thirsty for Vegas U2.
  7. The thing I'm most anticipating is if Larry decides to take part. And if not, who will fill in? And what does it mean for the history of the band, past, present and future if they decide to do it without him?
  8. Originally posted by ric:The thing I'm most anticipating is if Larry decides to take part. And if not, who will fill in? And what does it mean for the history of the band, past, present and future if they decide to do it without him?
    if larry is not going to be there im not even going to look at the setlist the day after
  9. The first few shows will sell out quickly. But the later ones won’t, and the prices will come down as we get closer to show day. Many of them won’t sell out at all. The later ones won’t be hard to get tickets for at all, and what you end up paying will depend on how long you’re willing to wait. It’s sort of a “see who blinks first” kind of thing.
  10. Mehh
  11. Originally posted by podiumboy:The first few shows will sell out quickly. But the later ones won’t, and the prices will come down as we get closer to show day. Many of them won’t sell out at all. The later ones won’t be hard to get tickets for at all, and what you end up paying will depend on how long you’re willing to wait. It’s sort of a “see who blinks first” kind of thing.
    That works for people who can easily travel! I’d need lots of time in advance. 😞