U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Originally posted by podiumboy:The first few shows will sell out quickly. But the later ones won’t, and the prices will come down as we get closer to show day. Many of them won’t sell out at all. The later ones won’t be hard to get tickets for at all, and what you end up paying will depend on how long you’re willing to wait. It’s sort of a “see who blinks first” kind of thing.
    That depends on how many they do I'm sure demand will be huge as it's this new state of the art venue and if it's Zoo TV mark 2 that would attract a lot of interest both from casual and hardcore fans.
  2. I know that the dates were only projected so far, but I saw something that pointed towards the later part of the residency being the same week as the Formula 1 race. Unless you live in Vegas, the price of the U2 concert ticket is the least of concerns. Hotel cost, if you can get one are absurdly high. LN/TM with their dynamic pricing is bad enough, but Formula 1 & hotels will be like, hold my beer.
  3. would be cheaper to commute in and out for the shows
  4. Originally posted by pearlvr4:I know that the dates were only projected so far, but I saw something that pointed towards the later part of the residency being the same week as the Formula 1 race. Unless you live in Vegas, the price of the U2 concert ticket is the least of concerns. Hotel cost, if you can get one are absurdly high. LN/TM with their dynamic pricing is bad enough, but Formula 1 & hotels will be like, hold my beer.
    Yeah, when this first got rumored, I thought they would have U2 open the Vegas venue the same weekend as the F1, and have U2 be the official post-race concert act like they do in Bahrain, Miami, Abu Dhabi etc.

If they do the rumored September - November dates, then I reckon October is the sweet spot. Avoids the first few opening shows and then the mayhem that will be the F1.
  5. I think U2 forget far too easily that there's an entire world out there that's not the US
  6. Originally posted by ric:The thing I'm most anticipating is if Larry decides to take part. And if not, who will fill in? And what does it mean for the history of the band, past, present and future if they decide to do it without him?

Larry will be there.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:"even going back to The Fly" is tripping me up - is he talking about the character, or the song?

"Going back to," meaning he's been interested SINCE '92, or he's interested in bringing the song / character BACK? I know it seems like I'm overanalyzing it, it's just a weird thing to me.

The Fly as a song has only really missed two tours since its debut.

Character, surely.
  8. Everyone seems to be assuming U2 in Vegas and Bono as The Fly will be a plugged in Rock Show in the state of the art new venue. This could be a WRONG assumption. It could be an acoustic show, with or without Larry, in the state of the art venue.
  9. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]
    Everyone seems to be assuming U2 in Vegas and Bono as The Fly will be a plugged in Rock Show in the state of the art new venue. This could be a WRONG assumption. It could be an acoustic show, with or without Larry, in the state of the art venue.
    Not saying it is for sure there will be a ZOOTV Fly with Bono as the Fly for sure, but there is no chance for a new state of the art visually & audibly enhanced venue that U2 would be the first act, for it to be used for an acoustic show.
  10. There is no way this venue is going to have U2 come in and do a stripped down show for its grand opening. Tickets wouldn’t sell very well for that. They’re going to want to come out GUNS BLAZIN’!!! A Zoo TV style show would give them exactly that.
  11. Originally posted by podiumboy:There is no way this venue is going to have U2 come in and do a stripped down show for its grand opening. Tickets wouldn’t sell very well for that. They’re going to want to come out GUNS BLAZIN’!!! A Zoo TV style show would give them exactly that.
    Exactly.