1. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    In Holland it's the same. Live Nation/Mojo/Ticketmaster has a deal with Amsterdam Arena (Johan Cruijf Arena nowadays). Non logical thinking band would otherwise play there.

Eventim has a deal with De Kuip in Rotterdam which is a better stadium for the sound at concerts (but facilities are outdated a lot)

De Kuip sounds better then Arena.
  2. Sound at the Arena has improved, plus logistics are much better. More convenient to travel to (train station 300 meters from the entrance). I have been to the Kuip in 1997 and would chose the Amsterdam Arena any day.
  3. Originally posted by Papo:Sound at the Arena has improved, plus logistics are much better. More convenient to travel to (train station 300 meters from the entrance). I have been to the Kuip in 1997 and would chose the Amsterdam Arena any day.
    I was there in 2017 and the sound was good (in GA). Not sure about highest seats, but those aren't good almost anywhere...
  4. Originally posted by Papo:Sound at the Arena has improved, plus logistics are much better. More convenient to travel to (train station 300 meters from the entrance). I have been to the Kuip in 1997 and would chose the Amsterdam Arena any day.
    If you want good sound you go to a place that was build for it, that is why the Ziggodome is so much better than the Arena.
  5. Originally posted by il_famo:[..]
    If you want good sound you go to a place that was build for it, that is why the Ziggodome is so much better than the Arena.
    That's not quite an option when a band does a stadium tour. Besides that: the new Ahoy is even better than ZiggoDome
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

Why do you keep writing them off as frail old men when they're all less than 10 years older than you according to your profile? Yes, at 56, I have learned to accept that I am no longer young but I don't see myself as old either and I'm damn sure the band don't. Even the true senior citizens like Sir Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger are still rocking around in their 80s, so there's evidence that being older isn't a barrier to touring.

I didn't say they were on their deathbed, but Bono had serious issues so serious he wouldn't say what they were, which is his choice. I don't believe "The Little Things" was just some lyrical lie. Adam and Larry have been smokers for who knows how long? Of course this means Edge is the least healthy lol. For anyone working, trying to get that one day off to travel is not always easy. If they are in town for a whole week, it changes that dynamic into a positive for them, and for most fans. They are big enough to sell multiple shows out if the pricing structure is not insane, which is a big if. The Stones just had their first age related death, so sure Mick is Mick, but less travel for them is a huge plus.
  7. Originally posted by il_famo:[..]
    Sound-wise De Kuip stadium or an open field would be best. But believe they don't really do concerts anymore at De Kuip (or at least Mojo doesn't)
  8. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Sound-wise De Kuip stadium or an open field would be best. But believe they don't really do concerts anymore at De Kuip (or at least Mojo doesn't)
    Mojo/LiveNation doesn't. Eventim does
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I didn't say they were on their deathbed, but Bono had serious issues so serious he wouldn't say what they were, which is his choice. I don't believe "The Little Things" was just some lyrical lie. Adam and Larry have been smokers for who knows how long? Of course this means Edge is the least healthy lol. For anyone working, trying to get that one day off to travel is not always easy. If they are in town for a whole week, it changes that dynamic into a positive for them, and for most fans. They are big enough to sell multiple shows out if the pricing structure is not insane, which is a big if. The Stones just had their first age related death, so sure Mick is Mick, but less travel for them is a huge plus.
    My opinion is they are good to play live as long as Larry''s wrists and/or back will allow it
  10. if they choose stadiums it will be 1 or 2 concerts. in some countries max. 3. I don't think they will sell out 4 or more nights.
  11. Originally posted by Janus02:if they choose stadiums it will be 1 or 2 concerts. in some countries max. 3. I don't think they will sell out 4 or more nights.
    Right. Coldplay have now surpassed U2’s drawing power, at least in Europe and South America. U2 could not do what Coldplay have done on this current tour.