1. Why do we even discuss Coldplay here? Are they support band on the next tour?
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:By all means, feel free to make a point that U2 is better than Coldplay or vice versa, but at least do it with some logic and even-handedness.
    And do it in the Coldplay thread please.
  3. Sorry sir 😔😉
  4. Yes, sorry for the off topic from me
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:The OP compared the total crowd attendance from five U2 tours against four by Coldplay, so that's a biased result straight away.

Coldplay formed in 1996, so the Head Full of Dreams tour is around 20 years later, Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo all happened more than 20 years after U2 formed, so it's another instance of not comparing like-for-like.

By all means, feel free to make a point that U2 is better than Coldplay or vice versa, but at least do it with some logic and even-handedness.

2005 and onwards is a valid comparison. I wouldnt compare at Elevation era because coldplay exploded a bit afterwards.
  6. I'm old enough to remember U2 in their 90s heyday,if this is Coldplays moment they dont even come close.
  7. U2 will feel ashamed to have Coldplay as support act.... And I will take a very very very long toilet break before U2 starts their portion.
  8. 100% agree
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:

By all means, feel free to make a point that U2 is better than Coldplay or vice versa, but at least do it with some logic and even-handedness.

There can't be any argument with logic with someone who compare U2 and Coldplay, quality wise. Coldplay and Ed Sheeran may sale millions and millions of tickets but their songs output will always be piss poor.
  10. Originally posted by TRISTAN:[..]

There can't be any argument with logic with someone who compare U2 and Coldplay, quality wise. Coldplay and Ed Sheeran may sale millions and millions of tickets but their songs output will always be piss poor.
    Exactly,prime example-
    Achtung Baby 18m sales WW
    Spice Girls 1st album 23m sales WW