Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. I've seen a few people mentioning Springsteen on Broadway here and in a few other places, but I think this sets the bar of expectations a little bit too high? This is still going to be a book tour, not really a Broadway show that took a lot of scripting and preparation.
  2. Originally posted by Hansav:I've seen a few people mentioning Springsteen on Broadway here and in a few other places, but I think this sets the bar of expectations a little bit too high? This is still going to be a book tour, not really a Broadway show that took a lot of scripting and preparation.
    Agreed.
  3. The teleprompter will be working hard.
  4. Originally posted by Hansav:I've seen a few people mentioning Springsteen on Broadway here and in a few other places, but I think this sets the bar of expectations a little bit too high? This is still going to be a book tour, not really a Broadway show that took a lot of scripting and preparation.
    It will be well rehearsed and scripted it's not as if he's doing the local book shop or shopping malls these are fairly big venues where fans are paying big money to attend so I'd say it won't be just turn up and go with the flow on his side.
  5. Sadly I won’t be able to afford to go any of these. Closest one for me would Chicago and that’s still an 8 hour drive at least. Hopefully U2 will post videos from it on YouTube throughout November.
  6. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:Sadly I won’t be able to afford to go any of these. Closest one for me would Chicago and that’s still an 8 hour drive at least. Hopefully U2 will post videos from it on YouTube throughout November.
    Swear to God I need to reread what I type 😂 totally missed some freaking words!
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:It will be well rehearsed and scripted it's not as if he's doing the local book shop or shopping malls these are fairly big venues where fans are paying big money to attend so I'd say it won't be just turn up and go with the flow on his side.
    I still wouldn't expect the same level of preparation and production for a 14-show book tour vs. a 250-show Broadway residency.
  8. I don't go. Don't like reading a book or something and for these crazy prices. He's not even going to The Netherlands. Why B? The first country outside UK and Ireland where the band got their breakthrough. Still waiting for the 4 Irish Boys to tour. How long.... Anyone wants my pre-sale code if they send one?
  9. Originally posted by Hansav:[..]
    I still wouldn't expect the same level of preparation and production for a 14-show book tour vs. a 250-show Broadway residency.
    Yeah probably not but I do think he will have been watching The Boss and taking some tips from him on how to present his ideas in a professional manner that will entertain the audience.
  10. Has anyone see a password for the pre-sale? Maybe they will send it out Thursday morning.

"Surrender" is always a good guess.

UPDATE. U2.com is sending out emails about presales. U2.com will be sending them out 'later this week" probably to mitigate damage caused by sharing of passwords.
  11. Assuming they are unique codes, can you given them to someone else? I won’t be using mine.