Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. Originally posted by weslyck:[..]
    yep, I was posting about it here yesterday, I am surprised they are still there even today. I was so happy to get mine
    Same here, treated myself to an upgrade :-)

Which means that I have one spare ticket for sale: Balcony 1st row, original price 143,50, willing to sell for 100. I can transfer it to your ticketmaster account straight away. PM for details.
  2. Still half reeling after that. Legitimately choked up hearing that performance of WOWY. Beautiful Day caught be a little too with the reworked lyrics reflecting on loss.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Still half reeling after that. Legitimately choked up hearing that performance of WOWY. Beautiful Day caught be a little too with the reworked lyrics reflecting on loss.
    So overall how would you rate the night?
  4. It surpassed all expectations. Much like the book, it only felt off piste when moving on to the Debt and poverty stuff. That felt like Bono rather than the Bono in the show.

Otherwise, the music held up to the broken down arrangements, Bono’s vocals were God tier and the sound mixing was phenomenal.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    It surpassed all expectations. Much like the book, it only felt off piste when moving on to the Debt and poverty stuff. That felt like Bono rather than the Bono in the show.

Otherwise, the music held up to the broken down arrangements, Bono’s vocals were God tier and the sound mixing was phenomenal.
    Wow, that's amazing to read. I'm definitely more excited that I ever thought I would be for the Madrid event next Monday.

Did you spot the cameras and recording gear/team? Was it prominent or inconspicuous?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow, that's amazing to read. I'm definitely more excited that I ever thought I would be for the Madrid event next Monday.

Did you spot the cameras and recording gear/team? Was it prominent or inconspicuous?
    We were under the main balcony so hard to spot anything much. Two fellas running about capturing footage but they were also outside the venue beforehand. Looked like documentary footage. Nothing intrusive whatsoever if it was a full filming event.

Joe O’Herlihy did an amazing job and I wonder if he deserves some of the credit for Bono’s vocals. You could pick out subtle effects here and there.

You are in for a treat so I’ll not give away too many specifics. I’d certainly have traded a handful of the U2 gigs I’ve been to in order to have seen this show.
  7. Sam O’Sullivan was in the same chip shop as me after the gig. Bizarre seeing them out and about casually but hometown and all that. All the VIP’s were quickly whipped into the rear entrance of the Clarence. Glen Hansard milling around being his usual lovely self.
  8. We need SOS to be released before June 13 2023!
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    We were under the main balcony so hard to spot anything much. Two fellas running about capturing footage but they were also outside the venue beforehand. Looked like documentary footage. Nothing intrusive whatsoever if it was a full filming event.

Joe O’Herlihy did an amazing job and I wonder if he deserves some of the credit for Bono’s vocals. You could pick out subtle effects here and there.

You are in for a treat so I’ll not give away too many specifics. I’d certainly have traded a handful of the U2 gigs I’ve been to in order to have seen this show.
    Really interesting. I would have guessed they'd deploy at least two or three big cameras with and one travelling rail or crane. A low-profile recording matches the event's nature of course but it doesn't match the man's ego and the corporation's/platforms' greediness haha. Really curious how and when (or if) this will be released.