1. Originally posted by flopro:[..]
    Suppose he'll also have access to a number of drum only tracks from U2 shows gone by, some good reference material for sure!
    Yes. One could even practice along to some of @Hoserama's IEM recordings lol , Larry wants all the rest so low in the mix that it's practically a drum-solo feed
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes. One could even practice along to some of @Hoserama's IEM recordings lol , Larry wants all the rest so low in the mix that it's practically a drum-solo feed
    They have all the solo drumtracks (live and studio) available in their vaults, I'm sure Bram has access to that for practice.

I think he'll do fine actually, curious if he's gonna go for the album or live versions of the drums (as Larry changes it sometimes live)
  3. Will be interesting to see his take on these songs. I could see him doing a really rocking Fly.. but yeah take something like Wild Horses- Larry's drumming on that one has definitely evolved from the album version to Zoo TV to the last tour.

4. New U2 album is out now...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I do this all the time... it's good fun!
  6. I have a very uneasy feeling that BVDB not only reinterprets all the songs, but also reinvents them or reimagines them, like SOS.
  7. Originally posted by felix2:I have a very uneasy feeling that BVDB not only reinterprets all the songs, but also reinvents them or reimagines them, like SOS.
    I have the opposite feeling actually. Think he's gonna try to re-create the album drums as much as possible. Don't want to generalize too much but a lot of dutch people have a stick to the plan/keep it simple attitude.

I like this song by Krezip (his band,) and you can hear he has swing but is also tight. This song is from 2008 and you can clearly hear Larry mannerisms/influences on the drums, especially in the fills

8. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I have the opposite feeling actually. Think he's gonna try to re-create the album drums as much as possible. Don't want to generalize too much but a lot of dutch people have a stick to the plan/keep it simple attitude.

I like this song by Krezip (his band,) and you can hear he has swing but is also tight. This song is from 2008 and you can clearly hear Larry mannerisms/influences on the drums, especially in the fills

[YouTube Video]
    I'll clarify once.

Imitating actually has nothing to do with music as a value creation per se. BVDB only reproduces the drum playing. This is not music art per se.
  9. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    I'll clarify once.

Imitating actually has nothing to do with music as a value creation per se. BVDB only reproduces the drum playing. This is not music art per se.
    That's a completely different point. I'll clarify once too. You said you were worried about Bram re-interpreting songs (without being clear how). And I just gave my opinion/guess on how I think he is going to do the AB songs as a drummer. If you listen to the Krezip song (whether you like it or not) you can clearly hear he was inspired by Larry 15 years ago.
  10. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    I'll clarify once.

Every time Larry Mullen plays a live song that comes from an album he's also reproducing the drum playing LOL. Sorry man. Until Larry is fit again, this will be U2 for the time being. Bram is a capable drummer, and he plays with nuance and great energy. Yeah it's not Larry, but all four members of U2 signed off on him filling in
  11. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Every time Larry Mullen plays a live song that comes from an album he's also reproducing the drum playing LOL. Sorry man. Until Larry is fit again, this will be U2 for the time being. Bram is a capable drummer, and he plays with nuance and great energy. Yeah it's not Larry, but all four members of U2 signed off on him filling in
    I can’t imagine Bram leaving his own band though. If Larry doesn’t make a proper recovery to join future tours, U2 might find another drummer than Bram.
  12. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    melon51, bonoschild

Mhhh. ehm. However, BVDB does not reproduce its own drumming. This is something completely different. He imitates something completely foreign, which he himself did not create or created as music. Therein lies the problem of what makes music unique. What would Bach, Beethoven and Mozart say if the music is not played as they created and created it or was created? Yes, there are the notes and the grade key. Playing music has absolutely nothing to do with creating music, since it can be reproduced. Likewise, U2 could have digitally recorded the drum sound from Mullen. BVDB will not be able to 100 percent reproduce this sound from Larry Mullen.