2023-09-29 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2

1. A dedicated topic for the U2:UV Las Vegas residency show on 29 September 2023 (Friday). Opening night!

Special coverage from U2start
    We will be there for the first few shows and cover everything there is to know on our socials and on the forums. We will also bring our podcast to Vegas and host a live post-show chat after each of the first 3 shows live on Instagram.

Live audio streams
    We will keep an eye out for live audio streams and connect these to this topic in advance or during the show.

Who is going or went to this show?
    Our dedicated show page lists all attendees. Add yourself to the list if you're going too. Prior to the show you can also find ticket offers and trades on the show page.
  2. And so it begins.
  3. I still find it hard to believe this is actually happening.
  4. I don't think that's what he meant.
    But anyways, I'll be there for opening night.
    Sooo excited, it has always been a dream of mine to attend the opening night of a U2 tour (or residency or whatever)
    I think I'm gonna go spoilers free, I want to be surprised.

Also, I might stream, but still not sure
  5. Have a great time Vegas is a trip
  6. Hoping to get some secondhand seats for this show. Even if its last row at the top.
  7. The main concerns for these Vegas gigs IMO are
    1.Venue isn't complete the technology is untested will it be as good as all the pr spin is saying. (Remember the first month of Popmart )
    2. NO Larry is gonna be really strange for not just the fans but the band themselves who may not click or be comfortable with the new guys style of playing.
    3.The band haven't played live since 2019 could be quite rusty especially with a new Drummer as the dynamics of the band will have changed dramatically.
    4.Bono's voice, will he be able to deliver every night ?with such a demanding run of gigs it could be quite tough on him and expectations will be high with all the hype and high cost of tickets 🎟 hotels and accommodation.

It's quite possible that everything will work out OK and the gigs go well but this is a completely different area for them they are going into unknown territory with a lot of new challenges they haven't faced before so it will be interesting to see how they deal with them.
  8. Seems like all those issues can be overcome by rehearsing. I'm not worried about it. And they should have enough time practicing at the Sphere to get everything down, even the on-screen water bottle spit LOL. They're not going to walk into it unprepared. I think the only potential cause for concern is the tech and keeping it running smoothly
  9. Originally posted by DerBFreund:[..]
    I don't think that's what he meant.
    But anyways, I'll be there for opening night.
    Sooo excited, it has always been a dream of mine to attend the opening night of a U2 tour (or residency or whatever)
    I think I'm gonna go spoilers free, I want to be surprised.

Also, I might stream, but still not sure
    You shouldn't have to worry about spoilers if you go opening night! ;-)

I'm going the second weekend and will do my very best to ignore any setlist posts beforehand.

I want to be surprised.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I'm going the second weekend and will do my very best to ignore any setlist posts beforehand.

I want to be surprised.
    Rehearsals are my doom! Lol
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I want to be surprised.
    Same here. I'm going to have a self-imposed 'online U2 media' blackout for a week and a half.

So excited to see what these shows offer!