1. Originally posted by Timk68:To be honest trying to compare a U2 tour in 2023/24 to ZooTv or PopMart is futile . the band are never hitting those heights again.
    Was it a good tour though given the age of the band etc - yes i thought so.
    I remember living through PopMart and how it was being raked over the coals by reviewers and fans alike. It’s funny to hear it quoted as one of the heights now…
  2. I think the new drummer scared off the true U2 fans. That's why you can't call this tour a U2 tour if there isn't U2 in it.
  3. A good show but i love all U2 shows,i preferred the JT30 shows though despite the incredible visuals of AB30.
    A great effort but U2 at its best is touring new music.
  4. Originally posted by felix2:I think the new drummer scared off the true U2 fans. That's why you can't call this tour a U2 tour if there isn't U2 in it.
    So anyone who went to the show wasn't a U2 fan?
  5. Originally posted by felix2:I think the new drummer scared off the true U2 fans. That's why you can't call this tour a U2 tour if there isn't U2 in it.
    This is such a circlejerk at this point.

Stop shitting on Bram
  6. Originally posted by felix2:I think the new drummer scared off the true U2 fans. That's why you can't call this tour a U2 tour if there isn't U2 in it.
    It's been a while since we had your bad opinions on things. I'm eagerly awaiting your post-mortem on how terrible and outdated the Sphere screen was...
  7. Originally posted by felix2:I think the new drummer scared off the true U2 fans. That's why you can't call this tour a U2 tour if there isn't U2 in it.
    Oh please.

People traveled from all over the world.

It was great.
  8. I think the Negative Nellies aren’t real U2 fans. I think they’re gatekeeping. I think they’re closed minded.
  9. Originally posted by Keeb13r:[..]
    It's been a while since we had your bad opinions on things. I'm eagerly awaiting your post-mortem on how terrible and outdated the Sphere screen was...
    "B-b-b-b-but the screen's not 36K! It looks like an 8th generation VHS tape!!!"
  10. Originally posted by felix2:I think the new drummer scared off the true U2 fans. That's why you can't call this tour a U2 tour if there isn't U2 in it.
    Utter BS and an insult to throw in “true” into your opinion. I feel like Bono in his legendary rant against the IRA on the Joshua Tree Tour when I say I’ve had enough of people posting on here and saying you’re not “true” fans if you went to these shows, or you accepted that playing without Larry was okay even if Larry said it was okay. Yes, some fans decided not to go and don’t agree with playing without Larry; but don’t express your personal opinion as if you speak for all of us, or judge us not to be true fans. Speak for yourself only.
  11. I thought the 'I could have lost you' intro and the opening ZOO TV run of songs was awesome to experience live. Not to mention the return of several songs that haven't been played in 20-30 years!
  12. Have only had the chance to see both the JT30 tours and E+I. Nov 1st at the Sphere was by far the best i've seen them. Thrilling, intimate, heartfelt...I don't want them to go back to vegas but I hope they get on the road sooner than later