1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    What a dumb comment It is crazy 15 times in a lifetime to see a band would be more than enough, I saw it once and that was enough I didn't need to see it again it's like a Broadway Show with very little variation ,and ticket prices were off the wall expensive the highest by far the band has ever charged to see them play live.
    Most of the members in here would've went 15 times if they had a chance to,I would happily go to 15 shows per tour if possible,I listen to pretty much every show they do on bootleg and never get bored.
  2. Similar level. The production isn’t unique to U2 and setlists were static. Some amazing moments such as LIB but they soon become ‘normal’ because we are weird. Plenty of hype for the first few shows then it kinda died down.

Pretty much like any other ‘tour’. I do not regret skipping. Vegas has never been on my radar so it was the main factor. If the sphere was in New York then maybe.
  3. I find it hard to rank or separate my U2 tour experiences because they’re each memorable for their own reasons but with the one constant being their ability to evolve the performance space and visuals. They did it again in Vegas, presenting something literally jaw-dropping that I’ve never seen done before.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    What a dumb comment It is crazy 15 times in a lifetime to see a band would be more than enough, I saw it once and that was enough I didn't need to see it again it's like a Broadway Show with very little variation ,and ticket prices were off the wall expensive the highest by far the band has ever charged to see them play live.

Your comments are up there as some of the most retarded i've seen on this forum.
  5. Originally posted by Timk68:[..]
    Twattish comments like this aren't really necessary.

Hoserama , out of interest what made the Nov 1st night stand out

November 1st...they played every song expertly, great vibe, Bono clearly in good spirits and lots of random extra snippets. It's a bummer there isn't a quality recording for people to hear it (ahem).

Regardings the point about 15 shows being excessive, you're probably right. I wouldn't recommend seeing the show that many times for most folks. I have no regrets (although my bank account might disagree). I will say that the show really benefits from seeing it at least twice, as it can be a bit overwhelming the first time you see the show. My mother joined for two shows with me in November, liked it so much, and ended up coming out for two more shows in December with my cousin. Both of them agreed there was a real benefit in seeing the show twice.

I'm also the guy who saw the Bono book tour show six times, so a little insanity is expected.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Going to 15 shows isn't necessary either it's crazy as it's the same every night yes people can waste their own money as they like but I don't see the logic in doing that as ticket prices were ridiculously expensive .

7. “Tour”
  8. Your younger U2 self wouldn't rank it at all because you sat for the show, sang along to Atomic City, and deemed a hired hand's drumming as good as Larry Muller, Jr. 's. Oh, but the visuals...
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

November 1st...they played every song expertly, great vibe, Bono clearly in good spirits and lots of random extra snippets. It's a bummer there isn't a quality recording for people to hear it (ahem).

Regardings the point about 15 shows being excessive, you're probably right. I wouldn't recommend seeing the show that many times for most folks. I have no regrets (although my bank account might disagree). I will say that the show really benefits from seeing it at least twice, as it can be a bit overwhelming the first time you see the show. My mother joined for two shows with me in November, liked it so much, and ended up coming out for two more shows in December with my cousin. Both of them agreed there was a real benefit in seeing the show twice.

I'm also the guy who saw the Bono book tour show six times, so a little insanity is expected.
    yeah that list bit is crazy. Once was more than enough on the book lecture tour
  10. I was originally fine with just doing the SF show.
    Then nyc got announced. Started out as a weekend pair of shows, then expanded trip for a week nyc trip. So added more shows.
  11. The poll results are very interesting. Not what I'd expect given the typical commenters here.
  12. I would have loved to have seen additional book shows.