1. I think they just got tired of u2 fans complaining acrobat never got played.

2. With Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, and One (with off performances of Until The End Of The World and Wild Horses) you can even throw the Vertigo Tour in the list
  3. Originally posted by Release3:[..]

With Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, and One (with off performances of Until The End Of The World and Wild Horses) you can even throw the Vertigo Tour in the list
    That still doesn’t address the point that most fans won’t have heard 6 songs from AB in at the very least 14 or 15 years, much longer for some. Including 3 that you mentioned there. Here’s some stats that back up what I was saying earlier. So apart from the 3 we have mentioned that haven’t been played in full since zoo tv there’s 3 others. From 360- JT2019 there’s been 312 tour shows, zoo station has been played 20 times. The fly has been played 27 times and wild horses has been played 21 times. Not exactly regulars.
  4. Here's a slightly weird factoid: I went to the Vertigo Pittsburgh show, and "One" was the only AB song played that night. That probably hasn't happened very many times, just 1 song from that album being played.

They always seem to fall back on AB, because the songs are so strong. Zoo Station, Fly, Real Thing, UTEOTW, etc are ROCKERS, which U2 don't have too many of really, and they always go over well. I am all for an Achtung Baby Tour, as I believe it's their strongest album, and will make for a much better show than TJT17 did.

Summer 2022 is probably the intended target for these shows. I'm not even convinced that stadium shows will be able to happen for summer 2021... in fact it will surprise me if any of these big shows are good to go by then.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:Here's a slightly weird factoid: I went to the Vertigo Pittsburgh show, and "One" was the only AB song played that night. That probably hasn't happened very many times, just 1 song from that album being played.

They always seem to fall back on AB, because the songs are so strong. Zoo Station, Fly, Real Thing, UTEOTW, etc are ROCKERS, which U2 don't have too many of really, and they always go over well. I am all for an Achtung Baby Tour, as I believe it's their strongest album, and will make for a much better show than TJT17 did.

Summer 2022 is probably the intended target for these shows. I'm not even convinced that stadium shows will be able to happen for summer 2021... in fact it will surprise me if any of these big shows are good to go by then.
    I had no idea there was a tour show with just 1 song from AB. We got 2 in Glasgow for 360 and I thought that was probably a record low. I too think it’s there strongest album, one of the reasons I’m also keen on the tour.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I had no idea there was a tour show with just 1 song from AB. We got 2 in Glasgow for 360 and I thought that was probably a record low. I too think it’s there strongest album, one of the reasons I’m also keen on the tour.
    Actually, now that I look at it there are quite a few 3rd leg Vertigo sets where "One" was the only AB song. I thought my show was some kind of weird rarity.

But for awhile they abandoned the Achtung encore in favor of the acoustic encore, so that right there cut Zoo Station, Fly, MW and UTEOTW. Sometimes WGRYWH was in the acoustic section, making 2 AB songs in a show.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That still doesn’t address the point that most fans won’t have heard 6 songs from AB in at the very least 14 or 15 years, much longer for some. Including 3 that you mentioned there. Here’s some stats that back up what I was saying earlier. So apart from the 3 we have mentioned that haven’t been played in full since zoo tv there’s 3 others. From 360- JT2019 there’s been 312 tour shows, zoo station has been played 20 times. The fly has been played 27 times and wild horses has been played 21 times. Not exactly regulars.
    Yes the ab songs ive heard was EBTTRT, One MW, UTEOTW, UV, Acrobat. Only heard Fly once rest i didnt see.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Combining a tour of a new album with an AB tribute would be good. Play the album in full, play 7 new songs and play 5 or 6 hits. I’d rather have separate tours though because that would mean more shows and likely quite different setlists for an AB tour and a new tour.

That works. I can’t conceive of going to a gig and coming away thinking they played too much Achtung Baby. It’s their one album with no weak links. That 3rd Leg of Vertigo was bizarre in being so light in Achtung Baby. As for the album in full, I imagine they wouldn’t go in album order and instead go in “Zoo TV” order for the first eight songs. It’s such a refined 8-song sequence that I think they’d go with it over the album’s order.
  9. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]

That works. I can’t conceive of going to a gig and coming away thinking they played too much Achtung Baby. It’s their one album with no weak links. That 3rd Leg of Vertigo was bizarre in being so light in Achtung Baby. As for the album in full, I imagine they wouldn’t go in album order and instead go in “Zoo TV” order for the first eight songs. It’s such a refined 8-song sequence that I think they’d go with it over the album’s order.
    Agree that ZooTV order has better flow than the album...
    Also depends of it will be AB or ZooTV tour. If ZooTV - that doesn't mean AB in full... so even Zooropa songs added...
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Agree that ZooTV order has better flow than the album...
    Also depends of it will be AB or ZooTV tour. If ZooTV - that doesn't mean AB in full... so even Zooropa songs added...
    Any 30th Anniversary Tour will include lots of Zooropa songs. Heck, on e+i Bono told the story of recording Achtung Baby as the introduction to Stay!
  11. I could watch U2 perform Achtung Baby and Zooropa back to back, and nothing else, and probably still think it was the greatest concert ever.