1. Originally posted by germcevoy:Say what you want about ANY live version but the album version is just about the best thing of all time. Ever. Better than water even.

Agreed - they had such difficulty recording it for a reason - getting the time down correctly was a huge issue and it's hardly to see how they could suddenly have no problems playing it live/

The album version is something else entirely to any live version I've heard - Chicago, Boston etc simply cannot compare to the nuance and metronomic drive of the album version - plus, without a doubt Bono has his best vocal form on the studio recording.
  2. I think the best version is the one they played in Rotterdam back in 1997. The one on the Please - EP. Bono's voice is superb all the way through, unlike some performances where he won't sing a note right and he just messes up the whole thing.
  3. I've always had a soft spot for the Rose Bowl version, i love Bono's wailing during the organ intro. The Sydney Zoo TV performance is fantastic too.
  4. I think that the best versions of streets are the Elevation Tour ones espacially the Boston version.

5. Lovetown tour : 1989-12-26 - Dublin - Point Depot !

the voice of Bono was so amazing !
  6. +infinity
  7. In response to: I think that the best versions of streets are the Elevation Tour ones espacially the Boston version.

I tend to agree - and have stated so in previous posts. It's the transitions between "Bad" (Boston) and "All I Want Is You" (Slane) that puts these to the top of the heap for me. There are great, great version from the JT, Lovetown, ZooTV, PopMart, and even 360 Tours but the Elevation ones win it for me.
  8. Streets is like a rollercoaster ride !!! the best versions for me are the Lovetown and Joshua tree versions .....Love the Dublin Depot version 89/31/12 ...and Denver 87/11/07 .....
  9. Not a live version, but I can't stop listening to the version from Duals with the Soweto Gospel Choir. Just heavenly.
  10. It's based on the rosebowl version, so it's kind of live nice version, I also like it.
  11. I kinda like the one on the PopHeart EP. I love the added synths and the snippet of Playboy Mansion.
  12. Ah yeah for sure - for me, that's almost the only downside to it, that Bono's voice is a bit knackered. If they'd somehow managed to merge his ZooTV voice with the 360 arrangement (Adam's updated bassline) and then add the choir's layer, I'd be one happy chappy.