1. wasn't aware of that one. Wow it's great

2. Know your various dates Plenty good performances, a lot very good quality.

3. This is my favorite as well.

I highly recommend the One Intro from Saitama, 12/4/06...Bono's voice is haunting as he seems to plead to the crowd like a little child. "You know what we want for Christmas?"
  4. Somehow I love the Mexico DVD performance, dedicated to Michael Hutchence. One of the very few performances that do send me shivers..
  5. Still One from Slane, maybe not the best performance but the emotion and all...awesome.
  6. +1

I also like a lot the version from 2005-08-11 Madrid, and not only because I was there. It has something for me... Maybe I'm biased, maybe I'm not. Who knows. Madrid 2005 is also the only WOWY I listen to (together with 1989-12-30 Dublin, best version ever)... Off topic

7. its a very good one indeed. they really nailed it there. also love the popmart mexico one. very emotional version
  8. Slane 01
    Mexico 97
    Tacoma 92

much better on 360 than Vertigo but no obvious standout to me. Cardiff I guess cos I was there. And it did still have the power to move me. Especially when 'Do You Hear Us' started
  9. Originally posted by Elektrik2007:Well, for me the best versions of One are the following:

1) 1995 Modena. Absolutely stunning acoustic version with orchestra. Bono's vocals are also just great there.

2) 1993.08.28 Dublin. A very good version, which in my opinion has the "right" mood in this concert. For example, I dont like so much the so favourite Tacoma 1992 version because I think that while it is good, it lacks some special atmosphere. Tacoma 92 is just all about passionate Bono's screams and Edge's improvisations. The Dublin version has got this so to speak "tragic" atmosphere which you can hear especially well in Bono's voice (by the way Ultraviolet on this concert has the same "tragic and desperate" atmosphere, which is IMO the best version of this song ever) and to me it sounds very powerful and emotional. Unchained Melody snippet is also cool.

3) ZooTV Vancouver. I like the line: "One love, one life, one life, one wife". A very solid version in general.

4) Slane 2nd night. Also a very emotional and intense performance.

5) Live 8 2005. All right, his voice is not as good as before, but still this version is much better than any Vertigo tour's.

I agree totally with comment #5

10. As long as they finish with "can you hear us coming..." it's great at any venue!

11. i disagree. They didnt play the snippet on Vertigo and it was still great. I dont really like the Zoo TV performances. I think they just didnt know how to play it yet. It was somehow slow and messy especialy the ending.
  12. Originally posted by Shimitz:[..]

i disagree. They didnt play the snippet on Vertigo and it was still great. I dont really like the Zoo TV performances. I think they just didnt know how to play it yet. It was somehow slow and messy especialy the ending.

The 3-minute intro where Bono is promoting the "one" campaign gets a little annoying when you are listening to shows repeatedly from the vertigo tour.

You don't like te segues into either "Unchained Melody" or "She's A Mystery To Me" from Zoo TV? How can I argue with an opinion, I suppose? I guess I can only recommend that you reconsider.