1. That Fez/Being Born version is insanely good. Please U2, give this one a chance
  2. Originally posted by DerBFreund:Lol, I found a guy on youtube claiming that Johnny Cash's version of One was the original and that U2 were the ones that covered it

hahaha

Btw, I found a cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday by Daughtry, pretty good

That's when you do a cover that good. Still funny though.
  3. What about this one?

P.S.

That Fez-Being Born from Lemon...it's amazing

i'm from Chile..so i know those guys!!

they are great

And this one??

4. Check out the covers released on the Irish charity release 'Even Better Than The Real Thing', specifically the 3rd CD - Tom Baxter's cover of WGRYWH and Luka Bloom's version of Bad are simply fantastic, to name but a couple.
  5. ERROR: cannot parse UBB code
    Host "nHJ8mQq6oO8 " is not valid or is not accepted by Zend\Uri\Uri
  6. Doug Pinnick's 'I WILL FOLLOW'
  7. has coldplay ever covered a U2 song, or do they just change the song names and take all the credit im just kidding, i love coldplay, they r my favourite u2 cover band

lol, all jokes aside i love Coldplay
  8. Originally posted by Andrew_C:has coldplay ever covered a U2 song, or do they just change the song names and take all the credit im just kidding, i love coldplay, they r my favourite u2 cover band

lol, all jokes aside i love Coldplay

Haha in all honesty, I don't think Martin's voice really fits U2 at all. I love Coldplay too, but I can't see a single U2 song that he could successfully pull off. And he's got a great voice- just not one that suits U2.
  9. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Haha in all honesty, I don't think Martin's voice really fits U2 at all. I love Coldplay too, but I can't see a single U2 song that he could successfully pull off. And he's got a great voice- just not one that suits U2.

yeh i agree, i can see bono doing a good job at Yellow though or Fix You. early 90s bono would eat it for breakfast.
  10. Was looking through my own personal collection of music I've recorded, for another thread, and came across this- by no means the BEST U2 cover ever, but something me and an older buddy of mine threw together in literally, like, 15 minutes one day during some down time at our annual Band Camp for the marching band I used to be in.

We used to have marching band camp at this church camp in the middle of nowhere, and in 2008, we set up the chapel- which didn't get used for the whole week since we were a marching band- as our own little recording studio. This is actually ripped from a video taken of us when we were recording the song. The master audio is somewhere, but this is all I could manage to get at the time. The audio is only mixed to one side- something I've been meaning to fix...but yeah, this means a lot to me because of the hastiness in which it was thrown together and how much fun it was to perform this song on the fly and do pretty decent at it.

Without further ado...

With or Without You
    Performed by Matt & Paul
    Words & Music by U2
    Recorded July 2008

http://www.mediafire.com/?fkczelinnzw