1. Today is the 34th anniversary of October! This album has one of my favorite songs of all times, Gloria!
  2. it's actually in my top3 by now. I love this album so much.
  3. October album = the definition of "underrated".
  4. Listening to this now since I haven't done so in ages.

What a great album.
  5. I've always argued that Boy and October are one glorious double album that go hand in hand... growing up physically on Boy and spiritually on October. As I was just entering my teens when these came out, they are definitely the cornerstones of my youth and I still turn to this record when my faith gets challenged... it always takes me to a happy place!

This morning I fell out of bed
    When I woke up to what he had said
    Everything's crazy but I'm too lazy to lie.

And what am I to do?
    Just tell me what am I supposed to say?
    I can't change the world
    But I can change the world in me
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:I've always argued that Boy and October are one glorious double album that go hand in hand... growing up physically on Boy and spiritually on October. As I was just entering my teens when these came out, they are definitely the cornerstones of my youth and I still turn to this record when my faith gets challenged... it always takes me to a happy place!

This morning I fell out of bed
    When I woke up to what he had said
    Everything's crazy but I'm too lazy to lie.

And what am I to do?
    Just tell me what am I supposed to say?
    I can't change the world
    But I can change the world in me
    Awesome - I will have to listen to both of these albums again with that thought in mind. Thanks!

Regarding Rejoice's last lyric there and comparing it with the opposite phrase on Lucifer's Hands, as Bono has enjoyed pointing out, still is intriguing to me. It's like some of the Proverbs in the Bible that can say two seemingly opposite things but can both be powerfully true, it just depends on the setting...or maybe in Bono's case, the era of life you are in, physically and spiritually.
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Awesome - I will have to listen to both of these albums again with that thought in mind. Thanks!

Regarding Rejoice's last lyric there and comparing it with the opposite phrase on Lucifer's Hands, as Bono has enjoyed pointing out, still is intriguing to me. It's like some of the Proverbs in the Bible that can say two seemingly opposite things but can both be powerfully true, it just depends on the setting...or maybe in Bono's case, the era of life you are in, physically and spiritually.
  8. So.....i really disliked U2 in the early days as all I remember about them was hearing Sunday, Bloody Sunday every time I turned on the radio....I didn't start really liking them until Achtung Baby, and then become a crazy U2 fan after Atomic Bomb.....The first three albums were work for me to really like....War was the easiest as I have now come to appreciate the hits from the album because I have now heard them live numerous times....then I was ready for Boy.....Loved it almost immediately....October was much harder....I told my friend that I just didn't like it.....then I put a huge playlist together with all their studio stuff....."I threw a brick" was the turning point.....little by little I started listening to the October songs when they occasionally came on the playlist, and have now since grown to love that album too....We all talk about what are their best and worst albums.....to me, they are U2 albums......I grow to really enjoy them, because I love the band.....there are a few songs that I don't go crazy over, but amazingly few, because I just really respect these guys on many levels, and I think they are great humanitarians, as well.
  9. As a studio album, October has never blown me away - apart from Tomorrow, which is one of the greatest U2 songs of all. But from a live perspective... October is incredible. Songs that were made for touring.
  10. "I fall down" has to be played at the top of the volume!!