1. I will download Chicago and/or Montreal now...or maybe in the morning.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:I appears that I have some listening to do...

...and that you, Sergio, should get some sleep. What time is it right now in your neck of the woods?
    Right now, 06:18AM.
    I'm working, night shift.

Tell us which is your favourite of the 2/3 boots when you listen to them
  3. on my first listen through Dortmund, currently on to Bad - jesus christ the energy in this show is astounding
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:So what's the best bootleg of the UF tour: Nantes, Dortmund, or Bologna (or something else)?

Admittedly, I've never listen to the Bologna show. I think I'll download it now.

Glasgow, both nights, but specially night 2.
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:So what's the best bootleg of the UF tour: Nantes, Dortmund, or Bologna (or something else)?

Admittedly, I've never listen to the Bologna show. I think I'll download it now.

Both of Chicago, and Jacksonville are very good audience sources... only problem, Bad in Jacksonville is cut, but very good quality of sound and excellent performances, best performance of Unforgettable Fire I ever heard
  6. yes both great concerts... Glasgow 1 with better sound and Glasgow 2 with better crowd and better performance, maybe the best concert of the tour
  7. Just finished listening to Bologna and its fantastic. Aside from the change in sound quality in the middle of Seconds (and to a much less extent the somewhat abrupt ending to Electric Co.) this is a great UF tour show.

I guess the only thing I should add is that one shouldn't listen to a more recent bootleg beforehand. Obviously we can't expect things from 30 years ago to sound as crisp as they do now but the difference is very noticeable. I wish U2 would open up their vault more often and take some time to remaster things like this. I don't know how much it would cost them to do so but they could certainly have my money.
  8. Thanks for uploading, but where does the information come from that this is hawkmoon269 source? All is identical with the (in-)famous Minimax source: a great audience recording until Bad... That is when the track "disaster" kicks in (un-audible audio for October, NYD, and Pride...). Only with Gloria the recording finds its goodness again
  9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Thanks for uploading, but where does the information come from that this is hawkmoon269 source? All is identical with the (in-)famous Minimax source: a great audience recording until Bad... That is when the track "disaster" kicks in (un-audible audio for October, NYD, and Pride...). Only with Gloria the recording finds its goodness again
    Springsteen has been doing it since last year. A show per month from a different tour each month for download and / or on CD in partnership with NUGS and it's been going very well. Would be great if U2 did the same thing.
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Thanks for uploading, but where does the information come from that this is hawkmoon269 source? All is identical with the (in-)famous Minimax source: a great audience recording until Bad... That is when the track "disaster" kicks in (un-audible audio for October, NYD, and Pride...). Only with Gloria the recording finds its goodness again
    Ah! Found it: hawkmoon269 was the one who uploaded the Minimax recording to u2torrents in 2010

(info corrected accordingly: Minimax = audio taper)

Originally posted by treasure:[..]
    Springsteen has been doing it since last year. A show per month from a different tour each month for download and / or on CD in partnership with NUGS and it's been going very well. Would be great if U2 did the same thing.
    Would be great indeed... until then u2start has a new show every day
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Ah! Found it: hawkmoon269 was the one who uploaded the Minimax recording to u2torrents in 2010

(info corrected accordingly: Minimax = audio taper)

[..]
    Would be great indeed... until then u2start has a new show every day
    Yes indeed thank God for U2Start
  12. As part of the Achtung-bootlegs migration project, I added two other Dortmund bootlegs:
    'A Fire In Dortmund' & 'The Fire Is Rising'.

'The Fire Is Rising' is a silver cd bootleg (U2 Vintage Recordings ‎– U2VR 03)
    and would be my bootleg of choice when it comes to Dortmund '84

'A Fire In Dortmund' is in fact an alternate remaster by CET.
    All so-called "soundboard sources" are taken from the Analogue Cable Broadcast on
    January 12, 1985 for German TV (NDR?)