1. Originally posted by thomyorkYeah - all the intro's of U2 are great. But don't forget the superb Joshua-Tree-Tour. "All you need is love" from The Beatles over the PA - lights go out - than the RED LIGHTS - and Edge starts playin Streets - really COOOLLLL.

100% Agree

2. I like pretty much the Stand by me-C'mon everybody intro they played in some JT dates. There is a show in Japan, Lovetown tour, where you can hear the PA playing John Lennon's version of Stand by me. The crowd starts to cheer and the band plays the song along with the PA. Then they do Pride. That's also pretty cool.
  3. City of Blinding Lights
  4. I agree with Popmusik-Mofo, it´s shoockin!!!

oh MEXIMOOFOO!!!
  5. City of Blinding Lights is a great opener. In particular, I'm thinking of the Sao Paulo concert with the quick lead-in to Vertigo. Awesome stuff.
  6. I was there, in both shows.
    It was something from start criing to a big thrill, mixed emotions.
    I thihk I'll remember for the rest of my life the "everyone, everyone", than the edge in the middle of the fog, than the lights falling and starting to bright, sinchronized with the beginning of the song, than bono appearing, and than shouting with the full power and shaking fists "all you look so beautifu, in the city of sao paulo"!
    Pop music and Mofo were awesomw as well.
    They passed right in front of me, before stepping to the stage.
    I don't know the rest of you, but the heat from the beginning of the shows are incredible!
  7. For me it is the intro that was used in the Zooropa shows with the drummer sounds and the part of "Alle Menschen werden Brüder". It was a fantastic start of a fantastic show.
  8. Zoo Station all the way, and also it is the best encore opener as well, the edge in the middle of the fog then the slide riff comes in, holy shit i like creamed my pants when i heard that in brisbane, front row in front of edge my voice was rooted by the end of zoo station!
  9. *Bump

For me, it's a toss-up between Zoo TV and Popmart.

Zoo TV with the rap and montage of footage followed by The Fly appearing before a blue screen and then Zoo Station cranking. Stunning!

Then we have the grand entrance of boxer and other band members to Popmuzik and then Mofo hits! Brilliant.

It's a gotta be a tie IMO.
  10. My vote is with the "Pop Muzik" intro for POPMart.
  11. Originally posted by U2NickMy vote is with the "Pop Muzik" intro for POPMart.

12. for sure "Stand by me" like back in 87 on the JT tour first leg & so on also the beatles All you need is Love is great

during the Lovetown 89 they had the stones "Sympathy ofr the devil"