1. What is the difference of the version released on a soundtrack somewhere? (Can't remember the name of the movie...) anyone know where I can listen to it?

2. In what way? In my interpretation it says there are so many sorrows that they spill over the brim. Nothing sexy in that.
  3. Originally posted by kris_smith87:What is the difference of the version released on a soundtrack somewhere? (Can't remember the name of the movie...) anyone know where I can listen to it?

I think the soundtrack is called the End of the World or Until the End of the World

I'll just go check that 1 tho

and he might have meant:

"playing the tart" and "kissed your lips" part???

EDIT: yeah its on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Until-End-World-Lou-Reed-Elvis-Costello-U2-/380132486049?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Music_CDs&hash=item5881a96ba1
  4. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

In what way? In my interpretation it says there are so many sorrows that they spill over the brim. Nothing sexy in that.

those 3 nineties albums are flooded with sexualized lyrics. I'm sure that is one of them
  5. Going down on me is absolutely sexual, but I don't think it's just sexual, it's also a metaphor of the last relationship times before Judas and Jesus. I'm not able to explain it in English but I know what I mean, there are some parts of the Bible when you can notice an almost sexual part in Judas' attitude towards Jesus.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Going down on me is absolutely sexual, but I don't think it's just sexual, it's also a metaphor of the last relationship times before Judas and Jesus. I'm not able to explain it in English but I know what I mean, there are some parts of the Bible when you can notice an almost sexual part in Judas' attitude towards Jesus.

really?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Going down on me is absolutely sexual, but I don't think it's just sexual, it's also a metaphor of the last relationship times before Judas and Jesus. I'm not able to explain it in English but I know what I mean, there are some parts of the Bible when you can notice an almost sexual part in Judas' attitude towards Jesus.

I'm curious to know what you're referring to here too....

8. I really think so. I cna't explain it clearly in English but some of the last days/hours Judas spent with Jesus had some serious sexual connotations... Don't ask me for further explanation because I won't be able to give it, but I really thnk so
  9. By the way, I mean "sexual" in a Freud-esque way.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I really think so. I cna't explain it clearly in English but some of the last days/hours Judas spent with Jesus had some serious sexual connotations... Don't ask me for further explanation because I won't be able to give it, but I really thnk so

Disagree, but I suppose that's for the religion topic.
  11. I think its during UTEOTW In Mexico on the PopMart DVD I think Bono drops his guitar, does someone catch it or does it just smash/whatever??

12. I agree that it's not exclusively sexual but the sexual imagery is there. This is mentioned in the book, "Into the Heart - the stories behind every U2 song".....I admit I didn't hear or read that imagery into it until I read that, but it's hard to use the term "going down on me" without being sexual; pretty sure in the book it says that Bono was surprised when the author pointed it out so I would never argue that Bono was intentionally trying to bring images of oral sex into the song, but like it or not it's a fair interpretation/observation