1. I guess this is one of my favorites aswell.
    It gives this great vibe, especially live.
    Live it's probably one of their best, the guitar sound, the solo of Edge, the lyrics and the way Bono sings it. Larry's drumwork is just magical, your head will automatically bounce on his rythem and Adam's bass gives this gigantic movement in this rythem.
    It's a truely masterpiece.
  2. Originally posted by u2spear:I think its during UTEOTW In Mexico on the PopMart DVD I think Bono drops his guitar, does someone catch it or does it just smash/whatever??

I'm sure someone caught it, you can see he's looking down to make sure he lets it fall in the right moment and into the right "direction".
  3. Originally posted by loftarasa:[..]

I'm sure someone caught it, you can see he's looking down to make sure he lets it fall in the right moment and into the right "direction".

indeed indeed indeed.

This song is great tour after tour, probably because it's not too difficult for Bono to sing, and because it's so energetic and great. Lyrics are amazing, idea behind the song is amazing, Edge's guitar work is kickass, nuff said.
  4. Yeah, but I think that you must be on the pitch to really enjoy it. I heard it 3 times at my concerts, and sadly I was always in the seated section. I think when you stand in the FOS area it's 100 times better. Let's hope they keep it in the setlist...
  5. Originally posted by loftarasa:[..]

Yeah, and the crowd reaction was really great for that. If I remember correctly there was a big cheer after he did it, and I sort of remember him looking around very nonchalantly and almost sort of like "Yeah, what?". Funny stuff.

Anyway, their best live song. Lengthen the outtro, bring back the bullfight!!

Also, I love the intro on the Slane and Boston DVDs, but on Boston's particularly towards the end of Bono's little rap when he yells out very loudly before the hook. I think he might be yelling "LOVE!"
  6. Originally posted by kris_smith87:What is the difference of the version released on a soundtrack somewhere? (Can't remember the name of the movie...) anyone know where I can listen to it?

There's 3 studio versions of this song around.

Firstly, the Achtung Baby version, secondly the version from the soundtrack of the Until The End Of The World film and thirdly, the version which is used in the actual film (end credits)/

The "soundtrack" version is all round heavier, certainly in the bass. It also doesn't have the sound effect at the beginning of the Achtung Baby version. It begins with a little bit of U2 talking in the studio and then a 4 count with Larry's sticks.

The "film" version appears in the end credits of the film (which I picked up on ebay for $4.00us, it arrived today). It has the sound effect intro but from there it's got some differences alll the way through. I'd nearly say that it's a completely different studio take of the song (especially since the film was released before Achtung Baby so the song may have been recorded a little earlier). It sounds lighter and even a little bit faster than the AB version, even boardering on an In God's Country tempo. Bono's vocals are also more natural.

I'll try to work out how to upload some samples (won't upload the entire songs as they're all official) but jump on ebay and for under $10 you'll be able to get the soundtrack and movie quite easy.
  7. One of my favourite songs of all time!

Does anyone know a good live version of this song in this site in terms of sound quality and performance? I would like to have it on my mp3

8. Originally posted by cookoman:[..]

There's 3 studio versions of this song around.

Firstly, the Achtung Baby version, secondly the version from the soundtrack of the Until The End Of The World film and thirdly, the version which is used in the actual film (end credits)/

The "soundtrack" version is all round heavier, certainly in the bass. It also doesn't have the sound effect at the beginning of the Achtung Baby version. It begins with a little bit of U2 talking in the studio and then a 4 count with Larry's sticks.

The "film" version appears in the end credits of the film (which I picked up on ebay for $4.00us, it arrived today). It has the sound effect intro but from there it's got some differences alll the way through. I'd nearly say that it's a completely different studio take of the song (especially since the film was released before Achtung Baby so the song may have been recorded a little earlier). It sounds lighter and even a little bit faster than the AB version, even boardering on an In God's Country tempo. Bono's vocals are also more natural.

I'll try to work out how to upload some samples (won't upload the entire songs as they're all official) but jump on ebay and for under $10 you'll be able to get the soundtrack and movie quite easy.

Here's a little slide show with samples of the 3 different versions of the song. I took the photos at the 360 shows in Sydney.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53476963@N07/5338441109/

9. Originally posted by cookoman:I'll try to work out how to upload some samples (won't upload the entire songs as they're all official) but jump on ebay and for under $10 you'll be able to get the soundtrack and movie quite easy.

Uploading songs to stream (not to download) is perfectly OK, you are allowed to share a streaming version of each one of the versions if you fancy. I haven't listened to the movie version ever, and it would be nice
  10. I'll find that third version on Youtube

Thank You for the info about this version i always think that there are 2 studio versions of UTEOTW - and now is the third - i love this song!

btw. if You want to have this as mp3 in Your collection use this link...

http://www.video2mp3.net/index.php