1. Apologies, all intended in good spirit and fun
  2. I wear earplugs too (the ones with special filter to hear clear music)... I love concerts and don't need damaged ears by that...
  3. That's a good question, specially since nobody has got them yet
  4. Give me a break, don't give anyone a hard time for protecting their hearing.

It's a concert, it's about the music and it's loud. IMHO, if you want quiet music, watch the DVD and don't make it too loud Fighting for the rails, not showing up until showtime and wearing plugs... that doesn't sound good.
  5. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    2 people at the rail really pissed me off at Manchester 1 firstly, they were really tall (if you're over 6 foot, you should be made to stand at least 10m back from the rail) secondly, they wore ear plugs (if you don't like it being loud, sit in the seats right at the backyard where you should be of you're over 6 foot anyway) and they never showed up until 15 mins before the band came on - they didn't even put there stuff there to save the spot, which is kinda alright for anywhere that's not the rail, and any time anyone tried to stand there their mates kicked up a fuss - if you haven't got the staying power to wait at the rail then you shouldn't be able to bagsy it - rant over

To keep this post relevant, I will say that the next U2 subscriber gift should be some socks

Manchester GA was EMPTY both nights.

Start of Manchester 2 people left the rail on the catwalk because it's a crap view.

Plus I wore ear plugs to every gig bar one last year. If you go to a lot, you need to wear them. It SOUNDS A LOT BETTER too, with ear plugs.
  6. Originally posted by grzeko:[..]

It's a concert, it's about the music and it's loud. IMHO, if you want quiet music, watch the DVD and don't make it too loud Fighting for the rails, not showing up until showtime and wearing plugs... that doesn't sound good.
    It's concert and it's about the music. Earplugs don't go against that... the music is maybe clearer with than without earplugs...
    And I want to go to concerts in next years too, not to end deaf in 50
  7. Wearing earplugs is a wise thing to do. If you got the right ones, it actually sounds better and you can understand every word spoken by Bono between songs.
  8. I like how everyone picked up on the comment about earplugs but nobody has mentioned people over 6 feet having to stand at least 10 metres away lol. Or perhaps the key point of the post which was the people’s lack of consideration trying to reserve the rail spot, but let’s talk about earplugs lol.
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

Manchester GA was EMPTY both nights.

Start of Manchester 2 people left the rail on the catwalk because it's a crap view.

Plus I wore ear plugs to every gig bar one last year. If you go to a lot, you need to wear them. It SOUNDS A LOT BETTER too, with ear plugs.
    Definitely agree on the ear plugs. I actually use cotton balls. It’s amazing how much better you can understand Bono and also lose some of the shrill sound from guitars. Already have enough hearing loss, so want to keep what I have left!
  10. So...since the topic got into earplugs, does anyone have any recommendations? What kind of earplugs are the best and where can you find them?
  11. I know I should start wearing earplugs too (everyone should) but I just forget everytime Maybe U2com can give some earplugs away with the subs gift? (lame way to get back on topic, I know)
  12. Continuing off topic but on the subject of ear plugs...it took my ears 2 or 3 years to recover after enduring Kanye West as support for U2 on the Vertigo tour in Sydney. After that I started wearing simple foam plugs and have thought about investing in some quality protection.