1. That’d be cool if they update it today, been almost a month since the last one
  2. , that’s how I’m feeling waiting on this gift now. I don’t know why they couldn’t have given us all the tracks months ago, they were apparently all mixed and mastered by then. I can’t really understand the physical item taking so long either but had the music been provided for download at least the wait wouldn’t have really mattered all that much. They’ve literally drained the excitement out of getting the gift now it’s so late.
  3. I just have a subscription for pre-sales. I don't care that much for the gifts. *shrugs*
  4. Actually, it’s almost 2020. Can’t wait for the 2020 gift!
  5. If you go back and reread the original announcement for this live set, it’s hard not to feel frustrated by the way it has been handled.
  6. Originally posted by coodle:If you go back and reread the original announcement for this live set, it’s hard not to feel frustrated by the way it has been handled.
    What’s even worse is how they’ve responded since then. ‘Technical issues’ is the reason it’s taken so long apparently. Thanks for that detailed explanation u2.com very kind of you months after it was already late. ‘Mixed, mastered and making its way through the pressing plant’ in July they said that, professional level BS that is. Let’s see if they can finally get one thing right and have the item delivered to even 1 person before the end of this month, only 3 weeks ago that’s when they estimated it would start arriving. You would be a brave or perhaps more foolish person to bet on them keeping there word.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    , that’s how I’m feeling waiting on this gift now. I don’t know why they couldn’t have given us all the tracks months ago, they were apparently all mixed and mastered by then. I can’t really understand the physical item taking so long either but had the music been provided for download at least the wait wouldn’t have really mattered all that much. They’ve literally drained the excitement out of getting the gift now it’s so late.
    I agree
  8. Yeah, totally agree it's wrong about how they treat fans. I said earlier I had an even worse experience with The Stones DVD that never arrived from 2002. Maybe this is the right time to quote Gene Simmons when he met a super fan with similar issues. He said "I already got you". I think this says it all. At least from a business point of view. Like myself I believe we get this confused with they really care about us. Maybe once they did, or perhaps big business really did get in the way?
  9. I wouldn’t necessarily put the blame on the band members. They’re not completely blameless either right enough. They should have an idea with what goes on with there own website. However, I think the band are paying people a lot of money to do these things for them so they can focus more on the music side of things and less on the business side of things. The people they are paying are letting the band down. I’m sure they’re aware of the gift and probably think that’s quite a good item for fans, and it is. However I doubt they’ve thought about the timescale regarding how long it’s taking to arrive and I doubt they know how the site have handled it in terms of when they told us it would arrive etc. So I wouldn’t put the blame directly with band members but it’s hard to blame people for getting annoyed at them not running the business side of there band professionally because they aren’t involved enough.
  10. Working with Logistics Teams (i.e. truck deliveries) and Long Lead stuff, I can say that there are definitely factors that can push / delay product. Machine breakdown. Labour shortage. QA concerns. Commercial close-out (i.e. payment). For all we know, the pressing plant hasn't kept up their end and U2.com doesn't have enough product to ship out all they need too; how do they decide who gets short-changed? My point is that sometimes there is often a lot of factors that can lead to something like this, and unfortunately sometimes the parties involved aren't at liberty to discuss all of the details. Now the communication is another thing. Silence is deafening sometimes.
  11. I've always said that U2 preach how much they care about their fans, but it doesn't really always seem that way. I'm not saying that they're not GRATEFUL for their fans, but compared to other musical acts, they certainly aren't #1 when it comes to fan engagement or anything like that. Have they ever done something like an "ask me anything" for their fans? Not that I can recall, and definitely not one that was unedited. Have they ever responded to a fan via social media or anything like that? Nope. The fact that this is happening and they haven't said a word is gross.

This sub gift is just another example of that - and despite how it may not directly be their fault - they're still the bosses at the top, and we're fans of them. Everything in between that relationship is in their charge, and they're doing a shit job. They either need to fire the people in charge of this stuff, or take a closer look. They're collecting extra money from those fans who subscribe and not showing their appreciation for it at all.

And if U2 is of a similar attitude to Gene Simmons (if that quote is true), they should just admit it and stop talking about how much they care about their fans. When this stuff comes up, it's clear that they care about their fans in so far as getting their money and that's really that.
  12. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:Working with Logistics Teams (i.e. truck deliveries) and Long Lead stuff, I can say that there are definitely factors that can push / delay product. Machine breakdown. Labour shortage. QA concerns. Commercial close-out (i.e. payment). For all we know, the pressing plant hasn't kept up their end and U2.com doesn't have enough product to ship out all they need too; how do they decide who gets short-changed? My point is that sometimes there is often a lot of factors that can lead to something like this, and unfortunately sometimes the parties involved aren't at liberty to discuss all of the details. Now the communication is another thing. Silence is deafening sometimes.
    If we had the tracks in July when they claimed they were ready I honestly could have accepted your explanations above along with the wait for the physical item but not to give us all the downloads when there appears to be nothing in the way of that combined with everything else it just isn’t good enough. Thank you though for giving us some ideas as to what could be the issues regarding the physical items delay, you’ve genuinely given us more detail in one post (and not getting paid for it) than the u2.com team have given us in the months since it was late.