1. They did film it. Would’ve been better
  2. Yep, but the audience were jumping around too much and made the 360 camera footage unusable

They did use traditional cameras too though and could have released that.
  3. The whole thing is on YouTube. Great quality to. What a gift...
  4. Everything they release via the fanclub ends up online for free somewhere it’s having the exclusive physical version which separates it from the unofficial versions available and also I’d imagine it will still sound better than what’s out there just now. As long as the gift’s always music that hasn’t been released (not remixes though) then I’ll always be happy. No books, pictures etc.
  5. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]
    I really hope they don't. This is a cool gift, but the CD is pretty laughable. With the resurgence of vinyl, most people are probably liable to have a record player over a CD player. Luckily my car has one.

We polled the audience at U2Songs last year about that. We asked only fan club subscribers to respond. Had over 2000 responses.

Just over 47% had a record player. Just under 90% had something to play a CD in.

Vinyl may be big, but it doesn't mean an older audience have taken it up...and the sales between CD and vinyl are still pretty evenly split. If it wasn't for big days like Record Store Day, the CD would still be the better selling format...
  6. Great gift, I'm happy with this! Though definitely should be the whole show.
  7. The various boots / YouTube recordings are all from the SiriusXM stream which means they are about the same quality as a 128/160kbps MP3. (The satellite signal itself is even lower than the internet stream...) So while they are good recordings, an actual CD, properly mastered, should be a great improvement over what is out there to date...
  8. Originally posted by SJKamal:Yep, but the audience were jumping around too much and made the 360 camera footage unusable

They did use traditional cameras too though and could have released that.
    Yup. The camera guy operating the camera in front of the stage said they were shocked at how much that place was moving for the first set of songs...weren't prepared to have those cameras swaying around so much.
  9. Originally posted by dssmansv:I think there is a solid chance two songs are cut. CDs can hold max 80 min. The version someone posted a couple of years ago adding in the Mixlr of Red Flag Day runs 87 min. The CD will probably come with 1-3 less tracks and we will get “bonus downloads” would be my guess.

The version they played on SiriusXM in July ran just at 80 minutes...

"Red Flag Day" was cut there, but everything else was complete, they reversed "Love is Bigger" and "Wild Horses" for that edit for some reason...
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The various boots / YouTube recordings are all from the SiriusXM stream which means they are about the same quality as a 128/160kbps MP3. (The satellite signal itself is even lower than the internet stream...) So while they are good recordings, an actual CD, properly mastered, should be a great improvement over what is out there to date...
    I still haven't listened to the Apollo show. I'm saving myself.
  11. It's a nice idea, but should have included the video.