1. Originally posted by Damonio123:can i be wrong? obviously yes, who knows what they will bring us, but I try to be realistic with the list, reviewing past releases and which tours need some prominence regarding these songs, it makes no sense to put even better twice on 360 tour, leave it to popmart.
    They’ve released real thing from both Popmart and 360 just once each up until now so a release from either would be it’s 2nd one from the tour. The elevation tour or Jt2019 would be the only tours that would get their first release of that particular song if they were to chose one of they tour versions but I think it was stronger on zoo tv, 360 and I&E so I’d probably pick one of them. Maybe not zoo tv though as we’ve already got 3 releases of it from that tour.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They’ve released real thing from both Popmart and 360 just once each up until now so a release from either would be it’s 2nd one from the tour. The elevation tour or Jt2019 would be the only tours that would get their first release of that particular song if they were to chose one of they tour versions but I think it was stronger on zoo tv, 360 and I&E so I’d probably pick one of them. Maybe not zoo tv though as we’ve already got 3 releases of it from that tour.
    I’m hoping for Even Better Than The Real Thing from either an i&e or an e&i performance.
  3. I’ve never loved the E&I version only ever liked it. Find it impossible to ignore the lack of an edge solo in that version and JT2019.
  4. I know this is dredging up past speculation but my pedantic brain detects ambiguity in saying A CD set in special presentation packaging

Is that a (singular) CD [comma for a pause] set [placed] in special presentation packaging

Or is it a CD set [more than one CD] in [inserted inside] special presentation packaging

I think we've agreed it is only one CD but this is doing my head in.
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I know this is dredging up past speculation but my pedantic brain detects ambiguity in saying A CD set in special presentation packaging

Is that a (singular) CD [comma for a pause] set [placed] in special presentation packaging

Or is it a CD set [more than one CD] in [inserted inside] special presentation packaging

I think we've agreed it is only one CD but this is doing my head in.
    The customer service team have clarified that it is a single CD. They even reached out to those who they originally told it was a double CD to confirm that was an error, and that it was indeed a single CD. They’ve also changed the writing everywhere to refer to a single CD…and I was asked to take the mention that it was two CDs off of U2Songs.
  6. raises an interesting question, are you under the believe that everything written on u2songs is watched/read by a U2 team/dept/single person? to keep their finger on the pulse of the fan side of things, I would imagine its much better source than scrolling thru endless fan forum threads
  7. does that happen? it would be great
  8. Sometimes I got the impression that just when the dissatisfaction with waiting on a subcribers gift rose to a certain level, they (U2.com) reacted with some downloads.
    I am sure that they monitor the fan forums somehow. My guess is that they regularly take a look at this forum, too.
  9. I’m not entirely sure why people are getting excited about this, it’s confirmed as a single CD, so good chance it will only be the 12 tracks of AB, the only rare track will be so cruel the rest are all easily available of this website. So let’s break it down what they are asking us to fork out $50 for, a single cd where most of tracks can be downloaded from here, also let’s not forget the Sydney fan club gift which has most of the album on it as well, and some fancy packaging to dress up something that’s likely going to turn up on eBay within a few weeks of release when people realise how much they have been taken for a ride
  10. Originally posted by Papo:Sometimes I got the impression that just when the dissatisfaction with waiting on a subcribers gift rose to a certain level, they (U2.com) reacted with some downloads.
    I am sure that they monitor the fan forums somehow. My guess is that they regularly take a look at this forum, too.
  11. Originally posted by electricwar1:I’m not entirely sure why people are getting excited about this, it’s confirmed as a single CD, so good chance it will only be the 12 tracks of AB, the only rare track will be so cruel the rest are all easily available of this website. So let’s break it down what they are asking us to fork out $50 for, a single cd where most of tracks can be downloaded from here, also let’s not forget the Sydney fan club gift which has most of the album on it as well, and some fancy packaging to dress up something that’s likely going to turn up on eBay within a few weeks of release when people realise how much they have been taken for a ride
    I don’t think you can compare bootleg recordings of shows to an official release. The sound quality is going to be noticeably better, that’s even for tracks that are on here in soundboard quality not to mention the tracks that could be from shows that we have no better than audience recordings from just now. To renew it cost me £30 which is pretty good for a limited edition cd, some vinyl releases are about £15-20 for essentially a single with 4 songs. And tracks from Sydney are almost certain not to appear on this cd so we’re talking different versions, a lot of fans want different live versions of songs, that’s what most people are probably on this site for as well so having Sydney released is irrelevant really a show which didn’t include ultraviolet, acrobat, so cruel, wild horses and Tryin to throw your arms around the world wasn’t from that show with its release so basically nearly half the album isn’t on Sydney. And it will more than hold its value, especially once it isn’t able to be chosen with the fanclub then it will be worth more than the subscription cost again backing up its value. And still aside from all that apart from new material the thing I want most from the band’s releases is previously unreleased live material, I’m guessing plenty others are the same so that’s the pretty simple reason why this gift is so exciting.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t think you can compare bootleg recordings of shows to an official release. The sound quality is going to be noticeably better, that’s even for tracks that are on here in soundboard quality not to mention the tracks that could be from shows that we have no better than audience recordings from just now. To renew it cost me £30 which is pretty good for a limited edition cd, some vinyl releases are about £15-20 for essentially a single with 4 songs. And tracks from Sydney are almost certain not to appear on this cd so we’re talking different versions, a lot of fans want different live versions of songs, that’s what most people are probably on this site for as well so having Sydney released is irrelevant really a show which didn’t include ultraviolet, acrobat, so cruel, wild horses and Tryin to throw your arms around the world wasn’t from that show with its release so basically nearly half the album isn’t on Sydney. And it will more than hold its value, especially once it isn’t able to be chosen with the fanclub then it will be worth more than the subscription cost again backing up its value. And still aside from all that apart from new material the thing I want most from the band’s releases is previously unreleased live material, I’m guessing plenty others are the same so that’s the pretty simple reason why this gift is so exciting.
    Hmm still not convinced but you are entitled to your opinion as much as I am