1. Seeing how we frustrated we are with the U2 fan club, I thought I'd share what another of my favourite bands - The Airborne Toxic Event do. I'll be honest and say it costs at bit at US$10 per month and I haven't committed to it because I can't get to experience the best benefits; but a subscription with them gives you:
    - Exclusive access to new and unreleased songs,
    - Fan-club member only shows in smaller venues.
    - Priority access to shows open to the public.
    - Monthly songwriting insights from the lead singer via video
    - A dedicated Telegram channel,
    - Access to full concert streams
    A more detailed explanation is here https://medici.theairbornetoxicevent.com/why-medici/

As I said, it's not cheap and it is highly USA centric, but it is (for me at least) an impressive offering for dedicated fans that I haven't seen anyone else do.
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Seeing how we frustrated we are with the U2 fan club, I thought I'd share what another of my favourite bands - The Airborne Toxic Event do. I'll be honest and say it costs at bit at US$10 per month and I haven't committed to it because I can't get to experience the best benefits; but a subscription with them gives you:
    - Exclusive access to new and unreleased songs,
    - Fan-club member only shows in smaller venues.
    - Priority access to shows open to the public.
    - Monthly songwriting insights from the lead singer via video
    - A dedicated Telegram channel,
    - Access to full concert streams
    A more detailed explanation is here https://medici.theairbornetoxicevent.com/why-medici/

As I said, it's not cheap and it is highly USA centric, but it is (for me at least) an impressive offering for dedicated fans that I haven't seen anyone else do.
    I’m also member here. Going to one of their small club shows for members. Might not stay with it but it’s an amazing offering imo if you’re a fan of ATE.
  3. Another idea for the fan club. This year the gift was AB live, they could have given us maybe half a dozen live versions of songs from Zooropa to download as a sort of related part to the gift and to give us something to enjoy straight away while waiting for the cd. Next year just as a made up example could be JT 2019 Tokyo and they could give us the songs from the tour that weren’t played in Tokyo as downloads straight away.
  4. Originally posted by celts84:Another idea for the fan club. This year the gift was AB live, they could have given us maybe half a dozen live versions of songs from Zooropa to download as a sort of related part to the gift and to give us something to enjoy straight away while waiting for the cd. Next year just as a made up example could be JT 2019 Tokyo and they could give us the songs from the tour that weren’t played in Tokyo as downloads straight away.
    Straight away and U2.com in one sentence?
  5. yes pls I would kill for The Wanderer and babyface live
  6. Soon we will be waiting just as long as the Joshua Tree film to get this release
  7. Soon we will celebrate the 31st Anniversary
  8. It looks like it will be wrapped up with Bono Book promo stuff at this point.

That is, November.
  9. I think he means released live in relation to the post he was responding to. Neither have been released before, The First Time also has been played but not released live from that album.
  10. Originally posted by davidneil:[..]
    I think he means released live in relation to the post he was responding to. Neither have been released before, The First Time also has been played but not released live from that album.
    Ah, you mean like officially released.. Get it. Actually forgot that they did The First Time live
  11. What it’s starting to look like