1. Are you sure,just going off memory but I'm certain I have Toronto opening night and Chicago 21st on dvd
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Ah gotcha. Pretty sure it was soundchecked in Chicago and a few other places. I heard/recorded it in LA, so the idea was still alive as of early November 2005.
    I "think" they were working on Mofo on Vertigo up to about Atlanta or New York (memory is fading in my old age). They stopped when they decided they were not going to do a stadium tour of N. America in summer 2006 which I think was around that time on the third leg. The infamous "Popcore" for N. American stadiums.
    Third leg Chicago they started playing Pop Muzik in sound check and Bono said to shut it down, I'm not feeling it. They spent some of time on Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car that soundcheck but not Mofo.
  3. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    I "think" they were working on Mofo on Vertigo up to about Atlanta or New York (memory is fading in my old age). They stopped when they decided they were not going to do a stadium tour of N. America in summer 2006 which I think was around that time on the third leg. The infamous "Popcore" for N. American stadiums.
    Third leg Chicago they started playing Pop Muzik in sound check and Bono said to shut it down, I'm not feeling it. They spent some of time on Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car that soundcheck but not Mofo.
    Bizarre to think they would consider "Popcore" for NA stadiums specifically. After how they view 1997. But I woulda been all for it
  4. Reading this has made me play Popmart from Mexico just for Pop Muzik/MOFO
  5. Oh that's a classic. Never gets old.
  6. I'm absolutely not sure but I'm fairly certain that there's not a complete video recording until Minneapolis which is a pretty good 3 cam mix iirc. You might be right about Toronto but I'd swear that's an incomplete recording, just a couple of songs or something like that.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong though!
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I'm absolutely not sure but I'm fairly certain that there's not a complete video recording until Minneapolis which is a pretty good 3 cam mix iirc. You might be right about Toronto but I'd swear that's an incomplete recording, just a couple of songs or something like that.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong though!
    I now see there's a DVD called "U2 rocks the Midwest" that allegedly includes bits from Milwauke (09-25), Minneapolis (09-23) and........ Chicago (09-20 and 09-21). So it turns out footage from Chicago does exist

EDIT. Found it Seems to be recorded by shoestringconcerts according to his own comment in the first youtube video. No idea if the full concert exists.

8. I was at Toronto4 where the Popcore blew my balls off. Easily in my top5 live moments among my almost 70 shows.
    I dug back and found I had this small clip I took with a flip phone, but it at least shows the screen visuals

9. Originally posted by marik:I was at Toronto4 where the Popcore blew my balls off. Easily in my top5 live moments among my almost 70 shows.
    I dug back and found I had this small clip I took with a flip phone, but it at least shows the screen visuals

[YouTube Video]
    Thanks for sharing!
  10. Another video

11. Thanks for sharing.
  12. Listening to Discothqeue from 2005 for the first time ever. I had no idea they played it on the tour, sounds awesome - Larry's drumming sounds so much better in the chorus on this version than the other versions and Bono's 'I sound like I've got gravel in my throat but I'm somehow hitting the big notes' voice is superb in the chorus...in the orignal key as well! Bravo.

So did they actually play Mofo as well? Or was that just a rehearsal?