1. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:Listening to Discothqeue from 2005 for the first time ever. I had no idea they played it on the tour, sounds awesome - Larry's drumming sounds so much better in the chorus on this version than the other versions and Bono's 'I sound like I've got gravel in my throat but I'm somehow hitting the big notes' voice is superb in the chorus...in the orignal key as well! Bravo.

So did they actually play Mofo as well? Or was that just a rehearsal?
    YES, it's an amazing performance and Bono is absolutely into it.

They never actually played Mofo in front of an audience, but they rehearsed it extensively:

2. Originally posted by marik:I was at Toronto4 where the Popcore blew my balls off. Easily in my top5 live moments among my almost 70 shows.
    I dug back and found I had this small clip I took with a flip phone, but it at least shows the screen visuals

[YouTube Video]
    Oh wow Thank you so much.

@mattg there you go!!
  3. The crowd absolutely loving it.
  4. I believe there was a “pop encore” rumored to have been rehearsed. It was Mofo (rock version), Discotheque—> Velvet Dress, and then into WOWY. I wish I could’ve seen that, even if just on YouTube.

Most of my vertigo shows had the acoustic encore, I only got the Zoo encore once, which was amazing.
  5. Originally posted by marik:I was at Toronto4 where the Popcore blew my balls off. Easily in my top5 live moments among my almost 70 shows.
    I dug back and found I had this small clip I took with a flip phone, but it at least shows the screen visuals

[YouTube Video]

WOW, thank you so much!!!!!!! Holy shit! They had the spinning "O" and everything!
  6. I hope we get some kind of highlights album from this tour. U22 and Edge's Picks are great albums, The vertigo tour definitely deserves the same treatment.
  7. Originally posted by TourDeFrance:I hope we get some kind of highlights album from this tour. U22 and Edge's Picks are great albums, The vertigo tour definitely deserves the same treatment.
    100% agree. So much variation on the tour and a few songs that have only been performed on that tour as well that haven’t had a release yet. They could do something great with a vertigo tour live compilation.
  8. Going back to the Discotheque 2005 performances, this is what the b stage of EI (experience part) should of had this instead of Elevation and Vertigo

9. I would spend a stupid amount of money on a Vertigo Tour retrospective

Pencil me in for the $200 spend on the Bomb boxset with Chicago on vinyl
  10. Originally posted by TourDeFrance:I hope we get some kind of highlights album from this tour. U22 and Edge's Picks are great albums, The vertigo tour definitely deserves the same treatment.

They released "U2 communication" as part of the gift on U2.com and then the various commercial releases on DVD, Chicago, Milan and U23D which sadly never got released on Blu ray or DVD 📀 but more audio /video from that tour would be great to get.
  11. This is awesome. Edge doing a great job with that synth line on the guitar.

Vertigo tour is by far my favourite tour in terms of setlists, are there any Vertigo shows which stand out in terms of structure/variation?