1. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

I'd say the lyrics and the music are respectively top notch that beat just totally gets me

i just want someone to tell me the meaning of the lyrics as the verses tell about a king who lost his kingdom but the chorus made me confused , maybe they have historical reference , idk
  2. Just bought my Coldplay Concert Tickets!!!!! I'll be in Glendale Az. July 12 !! Sec. 111 Row W Seat 15 and 16!! Awesome!!
    I'm very excited for the album to come out!! I can't wait!!

3. A Rush of Blood To the Head was my favorite album of 2002. XYZ is pretty good too. But Rush is just brilliant.
  4. Originally posted by roxriosJust bought my Coldplay Concert Tickets!!!!! I'll be in Glendale Az. July 12 !! Sec. 111 Row W Seat 15 and 16!! Awesome!!
    I'm very excited for the album to come out!! I can't wait!!

Congrats!

I just looked at Ticketmaster, but they don't have very many cities available. Did they not announce a full tour?
  5. Full album available at the iTunes store, by the way......unfortunately, it's $16.99. (WTF?)
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Congrats!

I just looked at Ticketmaster, but they don't have very many cities available. Did they not announce a full tour?

Hey Thank you !!! I'm really excited!!!

I thought the same thing when I saw the tour dates. Very little shows. I saw they were adding more, but still not many!! Don't really know what's going on, but I was just pleased they were playing in Glendale. Not that far from El Paso!

I didn't know about the album being available on itunes. Thanks. I might have to download and purchase it! That does suck big time about the price, you don't even get an album cover . Guess not everyone can be like NIN!! Free....
  7. Just realized the band is giving away concert tickets for free!!!
    So can't really hate on them!!!
  8. Originally posted by kisho8[..]

i just want someone to tell me the meaning of the lyrics as the verses tell about a king who lost his kingdom but the chorus made me confused , maybe they have historical reference , idk

i haven't dissected them too far but at least those verses seem to be talking about someone who has lost everything..and the chorus just sounds hopeful, it's good poetry if you ask me
  9. This topic seems dead now. There is the U2/Coldplay topic, for comparing U2 to Coldplay, and thinks are getting off-topic for a bit. So, I brought this back because I heard Violet Hill and Viva la Vida. Violet Hill is a good song, a very good song. I read somewhere that they said it was near Abbey Road or something. About a soldier sent to war, who clearly wants to go home and asks the commander, "why did you let me go"? Then there's Viva, the iTunes chart topper. To me, this song is about the difficulty of having power. People will love or reject what you say or do, there will be the fans and the haters.

Then, I heard two other tracks from the album

There's the leadoff track Life In Technicolor, which is alright. It's an instrumental, which probably builds into the second track. It picks up speed as it goes along, and ends smoothly.

We also have Lost! (acoustic). I can see why this is an outtake, because it probably doesnt have enough energy as the electric version. Good lyrics though. It's a sweet little ditty, and the piano makes it so. Although Chris seems a little lost with this take, who knows whats to come with the electric...
  10. Originally posted by stj0691This topic seems dead now. There is the U2/Coldplay topic, for comparing U2 to Coldplay, and thinks are getting off-topic for a bit. So, I brought this back because I heard Violet Hill and Viva la Vida. Violet Hill is a good song, a very good song. I read somewhere that they said it was near Abbey Road or something. About a soldier sent to war, who clearly wants to go home and asks the commander, "why did you let me go"? Then there's Viva, the iTunes chart topper. To me, this song is about the difficulty of having power. People will love or reject what you say or do, there will be the fans and the haters.

Then, I heard two other tracks from the album

There's the leadoff track Life In Technicolor, which is alright. It's an instrumental, which probably builds into the second track. It picks up speed as it goes along, and ends smoothly.

We also have Lost! (acoustic). I can see why this is an outtake, because it probably doesnt have enough energy as the electric version. Good lyrics though. It's a sweet little ditty, and the piano makes it so. Although Chris seems a little lost with this take, who knows whats to come with the electric...

11. Originally posted by markp91[..]

No one found anything ODD with the two other songs?
  12. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

No one found anything ODD with the two other songs?