1. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

[..]

Because U2 aren't the ones doing it themselves. They say what's gonna be on there and the producers go and get it all done, while they continue recording. They pick out a few demos, get some video company to remaster a video, clean up the sound on the original tapes and create a cover, then release it to the public. Too easy.

And really, you can't record 24 hours 7 days a week.

Still the idea of re-releasing Boy and War won't really go well. There will be "sell out" accusations all over it.
    Tho if they release a proshot old dvd for each one like they did for JT, then I can reconsider
  2. And it has to be damned good, no edits, changes or whatever.

Originally posted by Ali709Still the idea of re-releasing Boy and War won't really go well. There will be "sell out" accusations all over it.

You can already hear it: "Bloody U2, selling out again!"
  3. They shouldn't release too many things...we've seen a Chicago Vertigo DVD, WITS single, TSAC single, U218, Zoo TV Sydney, Popmart Mexico, JT remastered and now this maybe...since HTDAAB was released...
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBonoOmg... They're becoming really toooo commercial ! Ok remastered JT, which is the best album for most people is a good idea but come on now also Boy ?? You can't remaster every album and put it back in the spotlights for even more benefits ey... Instead they should work further on their NEW album cause 12 albums (and already 3 best offs) in 28 years actually isn't that much is it...?

there are bands out there right now on their third or fourth album putting out best ofs
  5. again it just seems out of character for them. they seemed hesitant to release the Best of 80-90. I really didn't expect such a deluge of back catalogued material in such a short time.
  6. The remasters project continues, as McGuinness said that it would. On May 20th, single CD and double CD remasters of BOY, OCTOBER and WAR are to be released. COOL!

Below are links to Amazon for each of the 2 CD remaster versions.

Cheers!

WAR:

http://www.amazon.com/War-Dlx-Exp-Spkg-U2/dp/B0013LPS8Y/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1202668705&sr=8-9

OCTOBER:

http://www.amazon.com/October-Dlx-Exp-Spkg-U2/dp/B0013LPS9S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1202668705&sr=8-8

BOY:

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Dlx-Exp-Spkg-U2/dp/B0013LPS7U/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1202668705&sr=8-11
  7. I think McGuiness said that they were planning to remaster and re-release all of their albums recently. Why is this considered a sellout? As a diehard fan its a dream come true to me. People need to get over this sellout crap. No matter what U2 do there are going to be people saying that.
  8. I was expecting releases like this after the band had finished what it had to do. In the midst of all this nostalgia, their new album better be better than brilliant! This might be their most crucial album?
  9. Originally posted by Blue_RoomI think McGuiness said that they were planning to remaster and re-release all of their albums recently. Why is this considered a sellout? As a diehard fan its a dream come true to me. People need to get over this sellout crap. No matter what U2 do there are going to be people saying that.

after hearing the marginal improvement in quality of the JT remastered it seems like an awful lot of money for the fan to fork out for not a massive gain. I'll buy them all anyway but without decent bonuses i'll not be too happy about it.
  10. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

it does seem kind of random doesn't it? However, I'm not sure rereleasing albums necessarily takes away too much time from recording, I would assume. But that would be a badass year to get a bunch of rereleases and a new album. U2 certainly is all about their past all of a sudden, what happened to "fuck the past, kiss the future"?

Ofcourse it isn't the band itself to make these remakes and such but the producers who work on it are probably also working on the new album

About the last sentence i totally agree...

I saw a video yesterday when said that + "We don't nééd the people who just follow what's popular, the real U2-fans will love this and take a ride with us on the rollercoaster"... That was before ZooTV... What happend with our boys...? The only point i want to make here is that i totally regret that U2 became so commerical
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

after hearing the marginal improvement in quality of the JT remastered it seems like an awful lot of money for the fan to fork out for not a massive gain. I'll buy them all anyway but without decent bonuses i'll not be too happy about it.

Voila that's also my opinion