1. For those that don't know:

Odieupussy / Mothership is / was Mofo and Hymn To Mr Universe was The Playboy Mansion.

The early Love and Peace demo and Levitate came from the Pop sessions, too, so I'd like to see those.

Thanks to Four5One for the inspiration of the 2008 Boy release cover:

Originally posted by Blue_RoomPersonally, I think anything that was originally recorded in analog needs to be remastered in some form at this point. So that would mean all albums up to Achtung Baby at least (I don't remember if Zooropa was recorded in Analog or not?)

Analog is years old, and digital (DAT, FLAC / SHN, MP3 etc) is what the entire recording industry bases itself on now - and is a good thing. However, upgrading analog to CD or DVD doesn't actually make it automatically digital. It's still analog, just a bit improved.

Boy - Rattle and Hum (analog)
    Achtung Baby - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (digital)
  2. that's the new cover? BADASS!
  3. do you have photos of the other covers
  4. Nope.
  5. i hope they do an uabrs with the deluxe war box set i have wanted that one on dvd for a really long time
  6. Originally posted by evmani hope they do an uabrs with the deluxe war box set i have wanted that one on dvd for a really long time

It's probably not gonna look or sound much better on DVD than a videotape.
  7. Originally posted by drewhigginsFor those that don't know:

Odieupussy / Mothership is / was Mofo and Hymn To Mr Universe was The Playboy Mansion.

The early Love and Peace demo and Levitate came from the Pop sessions, too, so I'd like to see those.

Thanks to Four5One for the inspiration of the 2008 Boy release cover:

Thanks for the info! So interesting...I love tracing the progression of their songs from early demos.
  8. These are not real covers.

I just made this up in Windows Paint this morning in about two minutes. It looks cool, though.
  9. I recognized the picture, from the complete U2 digital booklet? Fooled me though!
  10. You could mail that cover, Drew...maybe they're gonna use it. It's great
  11. It is from the Complete U2 set, from the "Early Demos EP". I might just send it as consideration, but where would I send it to?
  12. I like the BOY cover that you made. Or maybe on the back of the booklet so one could choose to display the oldschool BOY cover or an alternate cover?

That'd be cool with all of them as Four5One made plenty of alternate art fo singles and albums.

I wonder if BOY cover will have the boy (used in most of the world) or the band member silouettes (US version).

Heaven knows there are other photos from the October photo sessions that are BETTER than the one used for the cover.

And once they get to POP... that cover always bothered me. I think the idea was good. They were matching a trach Warhol approach with silver that matched the electronic techno elements in some of the tunes. But truth be told, to me, the released cover failed.