1. Originally posted by bcgdAs for the article critics will be critics. I am very curious about how the whole Live Nation deal will pan out. I was just saying to my wife I thought they were going to be awfully "long in the tooth" in ten years.

The whole article appeared to be based on a little more than speculation. Where were his sources? I could speculate as well and appear to be just as informed as he is. Let me think...in 12 years I reckon they could squeeze out two more albums, two world tours to go with those albums, and then a farewell tour before they give it away for good.
  2. I think it is a pointless article and very lazy journalism. He wrote the whole story on the simple fact that U2 signed that deal this week.

One things for sure, that journalists career certainly wont last as long as or be anywhere near as successful as U2's

I also didnt like him having a pop at Adam.....I would like to see Adam go and beat the crap out of that journalist with his bass guitar!!
  3. I love how U2 fans react when their darlings get critisized. You guys are so predictable...
  4. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZooI think it is a pointless article and very lazy journalism. He wrote the whole story on the simple fact that U2 signed that deal this week.

One things for sure, that journalists career certainly wont last as long as or be anywhere near as successful as U2's

I also didnt like him having a pop at Adam.....I would like to see Adam go and beat the crap out of that journalist with his bass guitar!!

It's the tall poppy syndrome well and truly at work here.
  5. They will quit sometime, but ATYCLB and HTDAAB weren't that bad. It all depends on personal taste. Of course JT and AB were the best, and they haven't reached that level since then, but the last two albums were pretty good, I think. They sold well, had some big hits and the respective tours were outsold. So what's the point?
  6. Further on, that reporter is a bit too critical for me, and that's not because I'm a U2-fan. There are certain ways to write articles, this one is a bit too black and white for me. I surely hope U2 will stop at a good point in their career and not become another Rolling Stones.
  7. Originally posted by MWSAH the last two albums were pretty good, I think. They sold well, had some big hits and the respective tours were outsold. So what's the point?

Originally posted by MWSAH I surely hope U2 will stop at a good point in their career and not become another Rolling Stones.

Hm, the last two Stones records reached Platinum, the respective tours were sold out and the last tour became the highest grossing tour of all time...

8. Originally posted by yeah[..]

[..]

the last tour became the highest grossing tour of all time...

With what they charge for tickets, that wasnt a hard one

9. yeah but how many songs can you name off of the last 2 stones albums. and the higest grossing tour did you go I know I didnt . I saw them once about ten years ago . If I saw them live today I garauntee you It would be the same show I saw ten years ago. Rock on U2 keep it fresh, and relevant ,and intimate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  10. Originally posted by Xayide29[..]

With what they charge for tickets, that wasnt a hard one

Got any details? I always thought that the "best" place were very expensive, but the rest about average. Maybe I'm wrong there...
  11. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Got any details? I always thought that the "best" place were very expensive, but the rest about average. Maybe I'm wrong there...

did they not sell less tickets for the Big Bang tour than the Vertigo Tour? Less shows etc?
  12. Originally posted by bones44044yeah but how many songs can you name off of the last 2 stones albums. and the higest grossing tour did you go I know I didnt . I saw them once about ten years ago . If I saw them live today I garauntee you It would be the same show I saw ten years ago. Rock on U2 keep it fresh, and relevant ,and intimate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I wouldn't call Elevation/ ATYCLB or Vertigo/ the Bomb fresh or relevant. Also the respective tours were kind of a Best of...

I can't believe that I defend the Stones here...