1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Really happy to share I wrote an article for this issue, collaborated on another, and put together the UK Discography for them. Been waiting patiently to see when this one comes out. Should be an announcement of my book in the magazine as well.
    Brilliant and congrats!! Thanks for all you do, and wishing you success with the future 🍷🍷
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Really happy to share I wrote an article for this issue, collaborated on another, and put together the UK Discography for them. Been waiting patiently to see when this one comes out. Should be an announcement of my book in the magazine as well.

Amazing!
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    That's great news. I was already looking forward to buying a copy (even though I know it'll be difficult in Spain), but now even more so.

It's funny that McCormick says 2023 could be their biggest year just when the fanbase reaches an all-time lowest point of expectations and hopes after the SOS postponement and Larry's interview
  4. Not sure how 2023 could be their biggest year when they won’t be able to tour, and the only release we’ll probably get is an album of re-recorded songs that was recorded a couple years ago.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:Not sure how 2023 could be their biggest year when they won’t be able to tour, and the only release we’ll probably get is an album of re-recorded songs that was recorded a couple years ago.
    Yeah that's what I meant.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That's great news. I was already looking forward to buying a copy (even though I know it'll be difficult in Spain), but now even more so.

It's funny that McCormick says 2023 could be their biggest year just when the fanbase reaches an all-time lowest point of expectations and hopes after the SOS postponement and Larry's interview
    McCormick clarified he did not write that, and it’s not mentioned in the article. The magazine put that one there on the cover. And it was written / sent to publishing before any issues about Larry needing surgery was revealed.

But the magazine is focused towards recordings / collectibles. So any sort of touring consideration probably doesn’t even enter into things.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    McCormick clarified he did not write that, and it’s not mentioned in the article. The magazine put that one there on the cover. And it was written / sent to publishing before any issues about Larry needing surgery was revealed.

But the magazine is focused towards recordings / collectibles. So any sort of touring consideration probably doesn’t even enter into things.
    Alright, I didn't know Neil had clarified that. It's a shame that it's all getting a bit muddled and confusing.

To be honest it's a bit sad to see how it's all gone downhill pretty quickly. At the end of October-beggining of November we were all raving about Bono's tour, looking forward to a pretty much inminent release of SOS and also almost smelling another album of new material plus a potential residency in Las Vegas, there were even talks of a full fledged band tour for 2023 with some venues rumours etc. We've gone from that U2-filled scenario to a pretty much desertic place with Larry almost withdrawing from the band's foreseeable future plans, talks of Bono extending his solo tour and SOS being delayed at least a couple of months. I've seen passion and expectation turn into pessimism in the blink of an eye and that's never good.

But at least we got some cool funkos, right?
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Alright, I didn't know Neil had clarified that. It's a shame that it's all getting a bit muddled and confusing.

To be honest it's a bit sad to see how it's all gone downhill pretty quickly. At the end of October-beggining of November we were all raving about Bono's tour, looking forward to a pretty much inminent release of SOS and also almost smelling another album of new material plus a potential residency in Las Vegas, there were even talks of a full fledged band tour for 2023 with some venues rumours etc. We've gone from that U2-filled scenario to a pretty much desertic place with Larry almost withdrawing from the band's foreseeable future plans, talks of Bono extending his solo tour and SOS being delayed at least a couple of months. I've seen passion and expectation turn into pessimism in the blink of an eye and that's never good.

Release date is here: https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_songs_of_surrender_album

We updated a few days back.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

That sucks. And I totally agree. I was pumped. Now I’m dismayed.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

It went downhill years ago once Paul McGuinness left

11. Larry is at the Kennedy Center