1. Anyone have any bets or expectations as to which musicians you think will perform U2 songs at the Kennedy Center Honors?
  2. Maybe Bruce, Lady Gaga, Jagger, Vedder,....
  3. At what time are the performances ??

I bet/hope its Springsteen, Patti Smith, Jagger, Brandon Flowers and Chris Martin

Jack White would be really cool
  4. Originally posted by SonerMulder:At what time are the performances ??

I bet/hope its Springsteen, Patti Smith, Jagger, Brandon Flowers and Chris Martin

More importantly are U2 performing themselves seeing as they all showed up.
  5. Ya, I was thinking Vedder, Jack white. Also, predicting an ensemble of One or ISHFWILF (church choir version - although im not a fan) for last song. The honorees have never played. Just not how it is done.
  6. I don't think they will perform themselves, usually Kennedy Center honors don't feature the artist(s) performing themselves, it's others tributing them. I'm curious what will come out of it. There's been some legendary tributes done by great artists in their own right (Heart + Jason Bonham, Steven Tyler, Aretha Franklin etc)
  7. Originally posted by SonerMulder:At what time are the performances ??

Jack White and Chris Martin would be cool surprises. Would love to see a young artist too
  8. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    From setlist fm they've played 385 times since 1 Jan 2009. Including whatever small promo gigs and sets etc they put on the site. If you take a conservative approach and give them the benefit of every show taking a prep day, the performance day and a recovery day after, they've worked 1155 days in that period. There have been 5079 days between 1 Jan 2009 and now. Rounded up that's 23% of days worked or 1.6 days a week. With the best healthcare and doctors and advice money can buy.

I thought these Irish guys who grew up in the 70s in such a time of 'jeopardy' in Ireland as Bono would say were meant to be tough. Or at least Bono would have you think.

It's a poor excuse. I'm cool with him being over it and wanting to pull up stumps, but don't say your body is failing from years of hard work and abuse. These guys are so far removed from hard work it's a joke.

And as the man said...I got two words for you. (and other cynical douchey posts)
    Entitled militant wing fans...

The man has had back, wrist-and elbow- issues for decades. Its okay to get surgery. In 2018 he needed an hour of physio before, and an hour after the show. Remember the kinesyio tapes wrapped around his arms on Vertigo tour ? The bull blood injections mentoned in Flanagan's book ? He was MIA on early Pop sessions...He was "tough" more than enough...course if youd rather see he forceibly quits U2 via damage , go right ahead. We waited for Bono. We waited for the Edges daughter. We can wait now.
  9. As he has said, he spent years drumming with poor posture and injuring himself. Stuff like that accumulates over the years. I mean, if memory serves they really didn't have a significant break from touring until the time between the War and UF tours. Hell yeah take the time to get fixed and heal. He's put in a lot of time for our benefit and is entitled to do things on his own timeframe. Even if he were to decide to hang it up, I'd say thank you, you deserve it