1. Bono 3 octave range Axl 5 that's why Axl is above
  2. Just watched on RTE player the New Year's Eve countdown concert with Westlife from the banks of the River Liffey in Dublin shown on RTE1.The programme is just 30mins and at the very end there was a nice surprise - a recorded piece was shown where the RTE concert orchestra played an orchestral version of U2's New Year's Day to commemorate 40 years since it's release. Shame that Bono wasn't singing on it but it was well done & worth watching. 29 days left to watch
  3. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Love their song 'sweet emotion '

Aerosmith have never really been on Rolling Stone's ass kissing list. One of my favorite bands from the 70's, and they did some good stuff in the 80's - 00's. I have seen them a few times, great live band. Probably the closest thing that exists to U2, as far as keeping the original lineup for so long (aside from a few years in the late 70's/early 80's), and having a 30 year span of relevance (Basically the time span between "Dream On" and "Jaded" being hits).
  4. The Guns N' Roses vocalist has sung notes that span nearly six octaves, from F1 (in There Was a Time), in the second-lowest octave in scientific pitch notation, to B flat 6 (Ain't it Fun), five octaves above it. Rose has a lower baritone than Barry White, and can reach higher notes than Tina Turner and Beyoncé.

I'd suggest you listen to the following songs to hear his vocal range:
    - Locomotive
    - Coma
    - Hair Of The Dog
    - Shackler's Revenge
    - There Was A Time

It's a powerful voice, especially when you're right in front of the guy singing.

Bono has a more measured voice and in the right song, it can sound quite pretty. For example - 'Book Of Your Heart', 'Running To Stand Still', 'Mofo', 'Love Is Blindness' and one more - could be 'All I Want Is You'. Nowadays, it's gone lower, deeper and more wide in the lower ranges - the 'new' performances of With Or Without You on the SoS tour - showcase it perfectly.
  5. If current Axl Rose entered a GnR karaoke contest, he would lose.
  6. I will defend Axl. I think he is fantastic.
  7. Originally posted by ayr861:[..]
    The Guns N' Roses vocalist has sung notes that span nearly six octaves, from F1 (in There Was a Time), in the second-lowest octave in scientific pitch notation, to B flat 6 (Ain't it Fun), five octaves above it. Rose has a lower baritone than Barry White, and can reach higher notes than Tina Turner and Beyoncé.

I'd suggest you listen to the following songs to hear his vocal range:
    - Locomotive
    - Coma
    - Hair Of The Dog
    - Shackler's Revenge
    - There Was A Time

It's a powerful voice, especially when you're right in front of the guy singing.

Bono has a more measured voice and in the right song, it can sound quite pretty. For example - 'Book Of Your Heart', 'Running To Stand Still', 'Mofo', 'Love Is Blindness' and one more - could be 'All I Want Is You'. Nowadays, it's gone lower, deeper and more wide in the lower ranges - the 'new' performances of With Or Without You on the SoS tour - showcase it perfectly.
    Vocal range and feelings in the voice are totally different thing..... AXL may cry out all day but he can't produce an ounce of emotion in me but Bono can do that in a heartbeat.