U2 - Mofo
Album:
Pop (1997)
  1. I have probably a stupid question: What does MOFO mean???
  2. Here's a topic I haven't seen in a while....

Ah fond memories of what a truly dirty mind I have

Although I still stick by the point that 'rock and roll' refers to where one ball hangs lower than the other. Of all the words Bono could have used he chose 'sucking'.

Freud once reportedly said that the Irish are impervious to psychoanalysis; the reason being that people like Bono are dirty minded ****s.
  3. perhaps a bit against the vein here

but mofo is one of the greatest songs u2 have ever performed live
    once they figured out how to do it it was brilliant. i'd take it over streets...
    (i know, ill probably be berated for that one)

one only has to listen to santiago or mexico city...it's a close second to ultraviolet to what i wanted to hear live again.

4. Originally posted by pesto:perhaps a bit against the vein here

but mofo is one of the greatest songs u2 have ever performed live
    once they figured out how to do it it was brilliant. i'd take it over streets...
    (i know, ill probably be berated for that one)

one only has to listen to santiago or mexico city...it's a close second to ultraviolet to what i wanted to hear live again.

I promise you won't be berated for putting Mofo on a pedastal, at least around here with many members holding it in high regard. Bono once said it's a personal favourite and his whole life is in that song so anything's possible.

I'm still holding out hope for its live return!

360 encore = Mofo--->Discotheque--->Crazy Tonight

5. I am still waiting for the Beastie Boys or Public Enemy to do a version of this tune AHAAHAHAHAH! That would be something diferent, indeed.

GREAT BIG BOLD BEAUTIFUL SONG! I love it!

6. i would like to see them play this song live again, but i guess there isn't a big chance.
  7. Mofo is the song from the Pop album I'm mostly looking forward to hear
  8. Kick-ass song for sure
  9. It's the one and only time U2 were cool.
  10. i love mofo strangely i have been listening to it on my ipod a lot,due to if "i don't go crazy i'll go crazy tonight " live remix which is very popmart era love it

peace
    av
  11. I like Mofo, I find it a very personal song, from Bono's point of view.

"Mother, Am I still your son
    You know I waited for so long
    To hear you say so
    Mother, you left and made me someone
    Now I'm still a child, no one tells me no"

It's intresting how different the songs from Pop were. Their music was so raw and... sometimes not even good if you ask me. But the lyrics are pure gold.