1. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

great way to fuck up a great viewing experience

Well i don't know how the technology works, but what would be the difference between this on a DVD and the cinema version, not the IMAX, but cinema?

I watched it on both IMAX & a normal cinema here in Melbourne, and whilst the cinema wasn't quite as good as on the IMAX, it still was very good, although the sound was a little muffled at times, but i simply put that down the cinema sound system not up to something like this, the 3D effects were quite good though.

I'm thinking perhaps them having both 3D & 2D versions on the DVD release, perhaps even some of the footage not shown on the final cinema release.

Whether its good, bad or indifferent, i will be out in a flash to pick up the DVD on the day of release.

2. Originally posted by Stu[..]

Well i don't know how the technology works, but what would be the difference between this on a DVD and the cinema version, not the IMAX, but cinema?

I watched it on both IMAX & a normal cinema here in Melbourne, and whilst the cinema wasn't quite as good as on the IMAX, it still was very good, although the sound was a little muffled at times, but i simply put that down the cinema sound system not up to something like this, the 3D effects were quite good though.

I'm thinking perhaps them having both 3D & 2D versions on the DVD release, perhaps even some of the footage not shown on the final cinema release.

Whether its good, bad or indifferent, i will be out in a flash to pick up the DVD on the day of release.

exactly, i keep saying I don't care what dimension it's in!
  3. Listen to germcevoy, man knows what he talks!

It is 3D what made the movie extraordinary. It is. And it's filmed in such way so it would be interesting in 3D, not in 2D.

So yes, it's possible that well get U23D on DVD, but only in 2D, so they'll have to change the name in: "U22D" : ))))
  4. Originally posted by YogiSo yes, it's possible that well get U23D on DVD, but only in 2D, so they'll have to change the name in: "U22D" : ))))

It will be just another U2 DVD incomplete concert release and do we really want that after Milan? Incomplete just isn't good. It's great in 3D because that takes your mind of it but another incomplete release wouldn't be a move. I'm all for a wide release when we have the technology and the makers of the movie did say 'you cannot see this move in anything other than 3D'. Thats the way. We have enough Vertigo footage and U22D just isn't cool. Sounds like you talk with a stammer
  5. Originally posted by YogiListen to germcevoy, man knows what he talks!

It is 3D what made the movie extraordinary. It is. And it's filmed in such way so it would be interesting in 3D, not in 2D.

So yes, it's possible that well get U23D on DVD, but only in 2D, so they'll have to change the name in: "U22D" : ))))

Absolutely not! In 2D it would still have been a great concert film. And I've seen it enough times to judge on the details
  6. Originally posted by u2search[..]

Absolutely not! In 2D it would still have been a great concert film. And I've seen it enough times to judge on the details

it would be great but not special. An incomplete pro-shot. Wheres the selling point?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

It will be just another U2 DVD incomplete concert release and do we really want that after Milan? Incomplete just isn't good. It's great in 3D because that takes your mind of it but another incomplete release wouldn't be a move. I'm all for a wide release when we have the technology and the makers of the movie did say 'you cannot see this move in anything other than 3D'. Thats the way. We have enough Vertigo footage and U22D just isn't cool. Sounds like you talk with a stammer

i agree that Milan sucks but U23D is more complete then Milan
  8. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

i agree that Milan sucks but U23D is more complete then Milan

not much more though. On the whole though i'd rather have an official South American U2 DVD filmed as 2D released over a circumcised U2:3D
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

not much more though. On the whole though i'd rather have an official South American U2 DVD filmed as 2D released over a circumcised U2:3D

An official release of Buenos Aires would suit me down to my socks, although you can't not give a mention to the Sao Paulo version of The Fly

For the record, I like the Milan DVD (partly because of IWF, AIWIY and the awesome version of OOTS) although the fact it's only 10 songs does piss me off...
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    An official release of Buenos Aires would suit me down to my socks, although you can't not give a mention to the Sao Paulo version of The Fly

For the record, I like the Milan DVD (partly because of IWF, AIWIY and the awesome version of OOTS) although the fact it's only 10 songs does piss me off...

Bono's voice was too far gone in the shows mentioned above. Hopefully they hit SA earlier sometime during the next tour or 2
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Bono's voice was too far gone in the shows mentioned above. Hopefully they hit SA earlier sometime during the next tour or 2

Yeah, point taken about his voice. Although I love UTEOTW, some of the Vertigo versions were missing some oomph, but the thing I love about SA tours are that the crowd inevitably go nuts throughout a show
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Yeah, point taken about his voice. Although I love UTEOTW, some of the Vertigo versions were missing some oomph, but the thing I love about SA tours are that the crowd inevitably go nuts throughout a show

Is it just me or is it that only the best rock groups go to SA? The Rolling Stones did in 1975 (even I was like wow) and U2 as in the past. How can other groups say they're the best if they haven't played a show there?

And SA shows are awesome. The crowds make the show, y'know?