1. I keep hearing this will be his last tour (??) and now I'm regretting not having made it to Barcelona
  2. A cousin in America has a direct connect to Bruce himself via his son. They were at a function recently with Max Weinberg and he said they are all so fucking tired and done with it at this stage. Hard to see that being untrue.

Bruce himself certainly looks ready for a wind down of some sort. My crazy Bruce fan cousin said her and all the other mega fans are doing as many shows as they can afford as they are all certain this is the end.
  3. Very slightly (but not as much as Bono sometimes ). If you have to sing over a very loud singing crowd you might have to phase a bit differently not to get drowned out or get lost.

I don't see him wearing In-Ears so he's relying on stage monitors. Other reasons could be artistic, singing a line after the beat instead of on top of it. But think his hearing is fine, he even counts down the band at 2:10 in this video and is spot on.

I do think his vocal tone has suffered a bit, more tight than raw. But at 73 this is still very impressive I think. This is the 28/04 version

4. soon he will play at the Pinkpop field, the big Boss in Landgraaf
  5. He sounds pretty incredible for 73! And the band sound great too! Hoping to catch a show.
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Very slightly (but not as much as Bono sometimes ). If you have to sing over a very loud singing crowd you might have to phase a bit differently not to get drowned out or get lost.

I don't see him wearing In-Ears so he's relying on stage monitors. Other reasons could be artistic, singing a line after the beat instead of on top of it. But think his hearing is fine, he even counts down the band at 2:10 in this video and is spot on.

I do think his vocal tone has suffered a bit, more tight than raw. But at 73 this is still very impressive I think. This is the 28/04 version

[YouTube Video]
    Good point about the count! It also gets better as the song progresses - it was probably a pacing thing, maybe the previous song was very intense or he had been running aroudn the stage so he was a bit out of breath for the first verses.

It's still impressive for a 73 year old guy, that's for sure. Not only about the vocal delivery but the show he/they still put on.
  7. I don't see Bono performing like this at 73.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Good point about the count! It also gets better as the song progresses - it was probably a pacing thing, maybe the previous song was very intense or he had been running aroudn the stage so he was a bit out of breath for the first verses.

It's still impressive for a 73 year old guy, that's for sure. Not only about the vocal delivery but the show he/they still put on.
    He casually hits a A# note too, which isn't in the original
  9. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Very slightly (but not as much as Bono sometimes ). If you have to sing over a very loud singing crowd you might have to phase a bit differently not to get drowned out or get lost.

[YouTube Video]
    The bongo part in this is incredible

10. Well fuck me that’s a fun gig.