1. That is a downer.

GIVE US A SHOW FROM 1992!!!!!!!
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:Not to be a downer, but:

1. I'm okay with no big 30th anniversary release. Achtung Baby is my favorite album and yet I was so blown away by the 20th anniversary box set that I really don't need or expect them to try and exceed what they release every 10 years.

2. Though I'd of course love a Zoo TV show from one of the first few legs, we have Sydney already to represent just how legendary that tour was, just like we have an official release of a show from each tour they've done. I guess I'm trying to be content with that.
    Well JT has Paris, MSG and footage from Rattle and Hum. Elevation has Boston and Slane. Even vertigo has a show and a half with chicago and Milan. For 360 we’ve had the rose bowl plus a couple of setlists worth of songs released in audio. Even Popmart has had more full song performances released live with the bonus stuff from the Mexico City dvd and the please EP. And with the last couple of albums there’s been a quite a bit with the Paris and Berlin shows plus the live songs of innocence and experience cd set. Boy has 2 shows with the live in Berlin itunes release and the another time another place vinyl/digital fan club release. Only TUF and October are less represented live really. War about the same with Red Rocks. Zoo tv is due at least 1 more show to be released and even that isn’t enough. Stockholm on dvd/blu Ray and dublin on cd would do the trick. I still think the 20th anniversary boxsets were underwhelming btw. Only u2 could give us 6cd’s and 4dvd’s and still manage to disappoint me. They couldn’t think to put a full show in there in audio or video that we didn’t already own. You could buy the JT 20 boxset with Paris on it and the 2cd JT30 set with most of the MSG gig on it for probably half the price of the AB super deluxe set never mind the Uber deluxe set. Give me 2 previously unreleased shows over remixes, demo’s and outtakes any day of the week. AB is my favourite album btw so it’s really disappointing.
  3. personally i won't pay for something i've heard or seen 500 times i love this group but i won't share this
  4. i think its not about being zootv (at a certain point) and zooropa, we are talking about achtung baby, we should have live AB songs as possible
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well JT has Paris, MSG and footage from Rattle and Hum. Elevation has Boston and Slane. Even vertigo has a show and a half with chicago and Milan. For 360 we’ve had the rose bowl plus a couple of setlists worth of songs released in audio. Even Popmart has had more full song performances released live with the bonus stuff from the Mexico City dvd and the please EP. And with the last couple of albums there’s been a quite a bit with the Paris and Berlin shows plus the live songs of innocence and experience cd set. Boy has 2 shows with the live in Berlin itunes release and the another time another place vinyl/digital fan club release. Only TUF and October are less represented live really. War about the same with Red Rocks. Zoo tv is due at least 1 more show to be released and even that isn’t enough. Stockholm on dvd/blu Ray and dublin on cd would do the trick. I still think the 20th anniversary boxsets were underwhelming btw. Only u2 could give us 6cd’s and 4dvd’s and still manage to disappoint me. They couldn’t think to put a full show in there in audio or video that we didn’t already own. You could buy the JT 20 boxset with Paris on it and the 2cd JT30 set with most of the MSG gig on it for probably half the price of the AB super deluxe set never mind the Uber deluxe set. Give me 2 previously unreleased shows over remixes, demo’s and outtakes any day of the week. AB is my favourite album btw so it’s really disappointing.
    These are fair points, and I'll admit I'd love especially a Stockholm/Dublin release.

Disagree about the AB 20th anniversary set...I thought all of the remixes/kindergarten/b-sides, plus the book, were fantastic. Only thing I was bummed about was including Sydney, which they'd already released.

I guess my main point is I don't think the band or their management needs to feel the need to go "bigger and better" every time there is a major anniversary. 20 years is a big deal. 30 years? Cool historic milestone again, sure, but I'm not clamoring for another Super Uber Deluxe box set to make me happy. I'd rather have new music from the band next year!
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    These are fair points, and I'll admit I'd love especially a Stockholm/Dublin release.

Disagree about the AB 20th anniversary set...I thought all of the remixes/kindergarten/b-sides, plus the book, were fantastic. Only thing I was bummed about was including Sydney, which they'd already released.

I guess my main point is I don't think the band or their management needs to feel the need to go "bigger and better" every time there is a major anniversary. 20 years is a big deal. 30 years? Cool historic milestone again, sure, but I'm not clamoring for another Super Uber Deluxe box set to make me happy. I'd rather have new music from the band next year!
    I just never thought many u2 fans really want these million remixes they always seem to include. I know they are literally of zero interest to me anyway. The best b sides were pretty easily available elsewhere and for me the kindergarten stuff are just inferior versions of what the songs became on the album imo. The few songs that hadn’t been released already were ok, some were pretty good but they are the only songs I didn’t already have that I would go back and visit, so half a dozen maybe from 6 cd’s. And from the DVD’s maybe the sellafield live tracks are the only ones I would revisit as I already have Sydney. I just think all that previously released stuff, remixes and documentaries are all rubbish and outside broadcast is ruined by interruptions during most songs as well.
  7. Just wanted to share my thoughts on the anniversary release. Achtung Baby is my favourite album and I would liked something similar to the JT & ATYCLB vinyl boxsets we got recently, to celebrate the 30th anniversary. I was too young to get 20th anniversary release and I think it'd be nice to have similar boxsets with these anniversary releases. AB had the best remixes anyway imo. The only thing I wouldn't want part of it is the Sydney show, never liked the audio from that release and as others have said a show from '92 would be better suited. Considering that the anniversary is next month, I don't think they'll be a boxset release as nothing has been announced yet. Really hope I'm proven wrong on this. The Berlin digital experience will be interesting.
  8. Given that there is a lot of very interesting visual ZooTV material (all those graphics & videos that were used for the show etc) and given that there are some things that they would have done for ZooTV but were not possible technically at that time I am really looking forward to whatever they're preparing for Berlin in November.
    Just as "Television, the drug of the nation"s lyrics are still relevant (maybe it's social media today), I think the whole concept of ZooTV is still relevant and could become even more relevant with an update.
    I would prefare a creative take on ZooTV 30 years later over a recycling of old recordings (although I'd die for a bluray of the Aug28th, 1993 show in Dublin which I have luckily been to, greatest show ever!)
  9. I think these days I should already worry about the announcement
  10. When was the official Nevermind 30th announcement? They didn’t give much notice when compared to the actual release date, did they?
  11. they have blocked 2 full videos of "Outside Broadcast 1992"
  12. Please be a full performance of that show, please, please, please.