1. They should continue what they started on the Vertigo Tour, opening their encore with another tour's style. Paying homage to their past, in a sense. This one should definitely be PopMart, though I don't think ZooTV should be the earliest this could date back..

The longer encores are better, IMO, than the 3-song "encore" they're putting on now. Maybe something like this..

Encore:

Discotheque
    Last Night on Earth
    Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
    [Any other big hit, not necessarily from PM) [Same as above]
    Moment of Surrender

Or, how about this one....

Encore:

Where the Streets Have No Name
    I Will Follow
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Bad
    Moment of Surrender

?!?!

I'm tired, time to catch some z's.
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:They should continue what they started on the Vertigo Tour, opening their encore with another tour's style. Paying homage to their past, in a sense. This one should definitely be PopMart, though I don't think ZooTV should be the earliest this could date back..

The longer encores are better, IMO, than the 3-song "encore" they're putting on now. Maybe something like this..

Encore:

Discotheque
    Last Night on Earth
    Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
    [Any other big hit, not necessarily from PM) [Same as above]
    Moment of Surrender

Or, how about this one....

Encore:

Where the Streets Have No Name
    I Will Follow
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Bad
    Moment of Surrender

?!?!

I'm tired, time to catch some z's.

1st one yes please
  3. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:I don´t think he mimics during popmart though... in gone u can hear him, also very low but u can hear him in one and LNOE. actually i find it easy to hear hi on LNOE during POPMART. he does some arpeggios and during the edge´s solos u can see and hear him playing the rythm. Other examples of him helping quite well on guitar is Running to stand still and the Fly from chicago. Also walk on from boston, he even plays the lead in the middle of the song! he´s not so bad, i only dont like him when he gets the guitar for breathe or wowy, cause then he does nothing helpful!
    Yes, I know that, in some other songs, he's actually playing. I was (more or less) joking

I still can't hear him at all during LNOE, though.
  4. By the way, guys (Matt, Andrew specially), this topic is about LNOE and LNOE-regarding matters (such as lyrics interpretations, chords, best versions, etc), not about desired encores for this tour, or whatever. There are plenty of other topics where to discuss such things
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:By the way, guys (Matt, Andrew specially), this topic is about LNOE and LNOE-regarding matters (such as lyrics interpretations, chords, best versions, etc), not about desired encores for this tour, or whatever. There are plenty of other topics where to discuss such things

Right on.

Is the intro from PopMart Mexico from anything, like a poem or something, or did Bono-man make it up himself? I'm referring to the whole "I wanted to meet God!" verse.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Right on.

Is the intro from PopMart Mexico from anything, like a poem or something, or did Bono-man make it up himself? I'm referring to the whole "I wanted to meet God!" verse.

I think he made it up himself. I really love that verse, because it's so true.
  7. Pop's best track imo, lovely song
  8. I'm falling for this song hard lately. I've found myself really loving it last Fall/early this Winter but I "popped" in my PopMart DVD last night and I love it even more. The intro and the "it's not the last night on Earth..." middle is perfection and I would love to see it return on this leg of 360.
  9. This song. Just so good. One of the harder rocking, more desperate songs they've ever recorded...

Perfect for a resurrection during the next leg of the tour, focusing more on Experience?

"She hasn't been to bed in a week, she'll be dead soon, then (still won't?) she'll sleep. You got to give it away..."
  10. They should bring at least one song from Pop back for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. This was long my favourite song from Pop, but recently Do You Feel Loved has pushed it close. However, once I listen to the live versions, particularly the live B-side to Elevation, I remember why it's still number one. I'd love to have it back in the set.
  12. Originally posted by iTim:This was long my favourite song from Pop, but recently Do You Feel Loved has pushed it close. However, once I listen to the live versions, particularly the live B-side to Elevation, I remember why it's still number one. I'd love to have it back in the set.
    Funnily enough, LNOE is in my top 3 (live or studio) too but Do You Feel Loved? would rank in my bottom 3 from Pop