1. Led Zeppelin Rocks!!!! in my opinion they are to the hard rock what the Beatles are to the rest of the family under the nickname rock, be it's rock'n' roll arm, be it's britpop arm, be it's pop rock, whatever.... i have a friend who says that if north-americans invented the rock'n roll, the british gave it dignity, but this is his personal opinion in a phrase well constructed (sorry those from Obama's homeland). To me is not hard feeling the smell of Beatles in 9 out 10 english rock band, sometimes not only the smell but the whole perfum store. Sacred names. Even Bono doesn't hide his worship for Lennon. WoW. Flaming subject
  2. Any recommendations on some solid-sounding shows from these guys? I have all their studio albums as well as The Song Remains The Same and How The West Was Won but I was hopng for something....new - to me at least.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMYAny recommendations on some solid-sounding shows from these guys? I have all their studio albums as well as The Song Remains The Same and How The West Was Won but I was hopng for something....new - to me at least.

I've got a few of their shows, but to be honest I don't really like their live stuff that much. I got a 1970 show from Inglewood, California that is good quality. I got it from guitars 101. I also enjoyed the reunion show from 2007. I think I got that from somewhere in the forum here, but maybe not. That's about all the help I could give.
  4. houses of the holy is my #1 led zep album
  5. Originally posted by lestertriplett87[..]

I've got a few of their shows, but to be honest I don't really like their live stuff that much. I got a 1970 show from Inglewood, California that is good quality. I got it from guitars 101. I also enjoyed the reunion show from 2007. I think I got that from somewhere in the forum here, but maybe not. That's about all the help I could give.

Thanks. I'll look around for those. I think your right, however. I think I'll just stick to the official stuff for now.
  6. OF COURSE!
  7. Originally posted by RUMMYAny recommendations on some solid-sounding shows from these guys? I have all their studio albums as well as The Song Remains The Same and How The West Was Won but I was hopng for something....new - to me at least.

- Royal Albert Hall (1970)
    - Osaka (1971) - One of their best shows ever, and they play "Friends", the only live performance with the original band, Page & Plant played the music so far in the 90's..
    - New York (1975)
    - Fillmore West (1969) - Devil's Blues, powerfull show!
    - Paris (1969)
    - Cleveland (1977)
  8. Thanks for this list. I've been looking into these shows and look great!

Thoughts on the Earls Court 1975 shows?
  9. I'd have to name Houses of The holy my favirote Zep album.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMYThanks for this list. I've been looking into these shows and look great!

Thoughts on the Earls Court 1975 shows?

The last one is the "best", in the other nights you find very good performances, but the setlist is always the same.. From this tour you always have Live In Vancouver, in this show Dazed And Confused is particularly long, as the whole show!
  11. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01I'd have to name Houses of The holy my favirote Zep album.

+1

i don't know why no one here rates it
  12. Originally posted by dylbagz[..]

+1

i don't know why no one here rates it

I think it's a really great album, No Quarter and The Rain Song are outstanding!