1. Originally posted by wangmaster:best band of all time.

not my favourite ever (i do love them, but that accolade goes to U2), but in terms of musical ability, songwriting talent, influence and general success they're better than everyone else, including the stones and the beatles.

their first 4 albums are lifechanging.

first six

2. i think gilmour is so underrated.. shit

i can still remember the first time i heard comfortably numb - i was hooked on the floyd from that day onwards
  3. Originally posted by wangmaster:best band of all time.

not my favourite ever (i do love them, but that accolade goes to U2), but in terms of musical ability, songwriting talent, influence and general success they're better than everyone else, including the stones and the beatles.

I'd argue the Beatles had more influence than Zeppelin, but I do agree that as a band Zep were better musicians than the Beatles. Music was slightly less mainstream and the lack of singles stopped their reach going as far as it could. I'd certainly add Physical Graffiti to the first four.
  4. Beatles get the 60's
    Zeppelin gets the 70's

U2 gets the 80's (and maybe the 90's - PJ fans would argue that one..but that's another thread)

5. Nirvana, Oasis and Radiohead fans too...
  6. giving all the deserved credits to the Zeppelin i would go for Pink Floyd for the 70's
  7. 90's are the Achtung Baby ZooTV decade guys
    (without counting the rest)

8. Love all three.

Nirvana "burned out" too soon - two great studio albums while "Unplugged" is a classic.

Oasis, like U2, only has three albums (not counting The Masterplan) but two are absolute classics - the other is indeed overblown but I think people were/are a bit too hard on that album - much like Pop.

I have already given enough accolades to Radiohead in many other posts in many other threads. I will, however, add that there is website that has compiled the "greatest albums" for each decade from numerous (somewhat reputable) sources and Radiohead has #1 and #3 in BOTH the 1990's AND 2000's!

Here's the link in case anyone is interested: http://www.besteveralbums.com/yearstats.php?y=199)

9. I'm not really a fan of Pink Floyd but I respect their work. I'll give them #2 or #3.
  10. İs it a sin to listen zep. Because they have WAY TOO MUCH Black magic things
  11. Originally posted by wangmaster:best band of all time.

Excellent point. They consisted of (arguably) the best front man, guitarist, bass player and drummer of all time. An astonishing band and smash The Beatles and Stones out of the park.

Physical Graffitti is a staggering achievement. Trumps even the first 5 albums - and thats saying something
  12. How fucking great is this?