1. This was actually one of my favorites when I first heard the album. It's since lost some stock for me but I still do like it quite a bit.
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:This was actually one of my favorites when I first heard the album. It's since lost some stock for me but I still do like it quite a bit.

Funnily enough, it's been the other way round for me. Songs like Magnificent or UC have lost a bit of their magic but SUC has slightly grown on me.
  3. Re-discovered the NLOTH-album last week. This song jumped out for me, time after time.

I've read this thread again, and I must agree the lyrics can be cheesy and lame. But some lines are brilliant (Napoleon is in high heels / Josephine be careful of small men with big ideas). And man, what an awesome riff. If Elevation can work ("A mole digging in a whole" isn't a lot better than "God is love, love is evolution's very best day").

It's a crime they didn't at least try this one live.
    Now it'll probably never see the light of day...
  4. ^ Exactly my thoughts right after NLOTH was released. I was like "this is gonna be huge live". But sadly never gonna happen...
  5. "Josephine, be careful of small men with big ideas" I love this phrase
  6. An inspired riff wasted in an uninspired song.

When you have to finish some project and you're totally uninspired to do it, yet you don't sleep because you're working really hard to squeeze some ideas out of your brain, and as the morning approaches you just wrap it up and finish it with whatever you have, which usually is a poor job of combining some great ideas that looks like had the potential to be something great, but you were too numb to make them work together.

I still like it though, it's one hell of a b-side.
  7. I like some of the lines a lot, some are cheesy, but overall it's a great track from No Line. It's at least a solid 7.5/10 for me.
  8. I like this song A LOT and I'm not a huge fan of the album but this riff, it gets me, the only thing that I hate is the "love love love love" thing that Bono says... But the lyrics are great, the chorus are great
  9. Should there be a snippet of this considered for every 360 performance of Vertigo?
  10. The “siren” guitar at 2:47.

Dallas came up with that IIRC