1. Yeah, it would work as an opener Or Breathe
    God this track is great I love all the experimental Eno stuff, and Bono's "ohhhhwwww" at the beginning of Being Born Fantastic
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Because it's such a good and unusual track, I give it 10/10. It is one song U2 should be proud of, and I'm glad it was a last minute decision to include it, because I'm not sure whether Tripoli, Every Breaking Wave or Winter would stand up to it (not that I've heard them).

I think the Being Born part could be (a version of) Tripoli.

From Q article:

Bono talks about a song called Tripoli which is a guy on a motorcycle, a Moraccan french cop, whos going AWOL. He drives though France and Spain down to this village outside of Cadiz where you can actually see the fires of Africa burning.

The lyrics to Being Born seem to describe this.

3. Bad is a repeat of the same riff over and over again...yet it works.
  4. I guess everyone will think I'm an idiot, but if this song would be the opening of a live show it would be so f*cking brilliant I would probably faint. This would be so much more intense as a show starter than some radio friendly commercial crap like Vertigo, it would really be a mindblower.
  5. i must be hearing a different song, or maybe need more listens???
  6. .....one of the best on the album! So simple it works..
  7. Ohhhh, ive seen the light, i actually caught myslef singing the "burning rubber, burning chrome" at work today, now im listening to it, love it now, its wierd how i can change my opinion on it so quickly, but i wont complain, i can nearly call this my favourite u2 album now, NEARLY!!!!
  8. This is the new Exit. Pure brilliance.

9. the being born part is so dreamy yet epic (wow I use that word epic a lot for this album), it keeps reminding me of the unforgettable fire. not because the melodies sound the same, but I get the same.. atmospheric feeling. great, great song. one of the album's best tracks for sure.
  10. I wish Fez was it's own track so I could skip it.

11. it is a strange addition to the track. It doesn't overly bother me but Being Born is the biz

12. Ah, it builds up the tension..