1. I never really had a problem with Pop, good album imo
  2. Originally posted by Shimitz:My problem with the album is that i KNOW its not finished and that the boys dont like it. If i didnt know that i would probably like it a lot.

Doesn't make much sense. Take it as it is, actually I think it couldn't be better.

And I'm pretty sure Bono likes it. Edge and Larry appear the most reluctant to recognize its value. I'll never understand why, they have to let go of all the "it's not finished" crap.
  3. recently i find myself listen a lot to "pop", the whole album and i really love it. it is one of the most underrated albums ever.
  4. Originally posted by Takuan:[..]

Doesn't make much sense. Take it as it is, actually I think it couldn't be better.

And I'm pretty sure Bono likes it. Edge and Larry appear the most reluctant to recognize its value. I'll never understand why, they have to let go of all the "it's not finished" crap.

Definitely agree. I'm glad they ran out of time to "finish" it, because that would have meant they overkilled it, just like HTDAAB and about half of NLOTH.
  5. Originally posted by RDB92:[..]

Definitely agree. I'm glad they ran out of time to "finish" it, because that would have meant they overkilled it, just like HTDAAB and about half of NLOTH.
    zing!

6. Originally posted by Takuan:[..]

They dont like it, Larry says if they had three more months it would be good, Bono says only the first three tracks are what the album should have sounded like, Edge says there is something wrong with it and Adam regard it as one of their low points
  7. Originally posted by Shimitz:[..]

They dont like it, Larry says if they had three more months it would be good, Bono says only the first three tracks are what the album should have sounded like, Edge says there is something wrong with it and Adam regard it as one of their low points

Some of that has to be hyperbole for the media's sake though, to compensate for the less-than-enthusiastic reaction to it.

I always got the impression they were more dissatisfied with not meeting their own deadline and what they could have done with the album if they had more time, rather than being dissatisfied with the album they actually put out.

I'm glad they ran out of time to "finish" it, because that would have meant they overkilled it, just like HTDAAB and about half of NLOTH.

Totally agree. If the remixes on the Best Of were any indication of how it could've gone, I'm glad they stuck with the original, even if it is unfinished.

8. i dont think thats a hyperbole, thay say that in U2 by U2..

9. I have to read that over again. I may stand corrected then.

10. True, but I saw a 1997/98 interview lately on TV and Bono was defending Pop fiercely, to say the least. He believed in it, and he was right. And even if they don't like the album now, that still doesn't explain why they don't play anything from it anymore. They were obviously happy with how most songs turned out live.

I'll never understand that. At least play Staring at the Sun in the acoustic portion.

Anyway, you should listen carefully to Pop. It took me some time to get it, but now I wouldn't change a note on it. The band managed to create something both dark and fucking cool all around. On some days it's my favourite.
  11. it is the 'Adam-album', the bass never did sound so melodic, heavy and sexy. Adam's lessons in '96 definitely paid off on Pop
  12. Pop is really great album, maybe their best for me (I can't choose between Pop and AB), and I hope we will hear some songs from it live again.