If God Will Send His Angels... Lyrics so quirky yet brilliant
    Please... enough said
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress... a journey in itself
    Last Night On Earth... so underrated
    Playboy Mansion... just a fun song
    Do you feel loved... pure class
    Wake Up dead man... haunting lyrics
    gone... how wasnt it more popular?
  2. After reading through this thread last week I decided to try and revisit "Miami" and give it another chance. I think I might actually really enjoy it now!
  3. Originally posted by kris_smith87:After reading through this thread last week I decided to try and revisit "Miami" and give it another chance. I think I might actually really enjoy it now!

same, I used to hate it.

but once you accept it for what it is and let it grow on you, it gets better.
  4. I've been feeling the "New Mix" of gone a little more than the original lately. I love how Bono freaks out at the end.
  5. Don't like POP, some songs are good, but there are more weak moments than strong ones.
  6. My appreciation of Pop came a little late but it's a good one. I like all songs except Miami.
  7. Originally posted by u2spear:I think the best way to appreciate POP is by listening to it in this order (and you could include some B-Sides if you like, like Happinnes is a Warm Gun or something).

1. Discotheque
    2. Do You Feel Loved
    3. Last Night on Earth
    4. Mofo
    5. Gone
    6. Staring at the Sun
    7. If God Will Send His Angels
    8. Please
    9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    10. Wake Up Dead Man

The five slower songs in one batch at the end? That's some bad sequenzing imo.

I just love the album, as you can tell by looking at my avatar. But I could've done without Miami and The Playboy Mansion, but they're not exactly disastrous.

U2's second best record in my book, after Achtung Baby.
  8. My problem with the album is that i KNOW its not finished and that the boys dont like it. If i didnt know that i would probably like it a lot. There are some great songs on Pop: Discoteque, Mofo, Last night on Earth, Miami (live especially). I dont listen to the album versions, i mostly listen to the remxes but i cant find the single mix of Please
  9. Friend of mine says: worst studio album by U2 but best live album.

10. if anything I'd say it was the reverse of that.

SATS electric, DYFL, IGWSHA... ouch.

11. if they only had some more rehearsal time.... do you feel loved could be a cracker