1. once uploaded i hope members will download...if on rapidshare i can download 7gig in around 45mins....(with 20mb connection)...torrents if seeded well can be just as quick.
    this will remove the need for the postman bit!...or other members can send free copies if they wish....either way the money is not the issue...the production is.

gen.
  2. Originally posted by Genesis1966:[..]

once uploaded i hope members will download...if on rapidshare i can download 7gig in around 45mins....(with 20mb connection)...torrents if seeded well can be just as quick.
    this will remove the need for the postman bit!...or other members can send free copies if they wish....either way the money is not the issue...the production is.

gen.

I shall perhaps wait for a torrent. These youtube compilation type DVD's haven't interested me at all. I'll keep an eye out
  3. Originally posted by Genesis1966:[..]

it will only be made avaliable for this reason.....
    In some cases folk do not have the time or speed to download 7gig as quickly as they would like, having the option to pay postal and production costs of £2 is a better option...plus i believe once they view it they will agree its the best £2 they have spent this year!!!

the fleabay option has only been made to members here....thats why it is very `stark` in ebay...i dont want anyone else to see it!!!.....its just a way of paying the postal fee in reality!
    this way true U2 fans get to enjoy it...as they are here!

gen.

i have a really slow web conetion and am glad to have this opshion avalible
  4. Originally posted by yeah:How about torrenting the DVDs?
    Would be the easiest and cheapest way and it would take the "selling" label from it.
    He has asked on several ocassions for someone who gets it and uploads it, he can't do it.

5. I never said that the "producer" should be the seeder.

6. Then? It will be torrented when someone uploads it, not before because he can't. The DVD needs to be "sold" to be shared.

By the way, are video-compilation-dvd's accepted at U2torrents?

7. you would probably get away with uploading a lossy show there nowadays
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Then? It will be torrented when someone uploads it, not before because he can't. The DVD needs to be "sold" to be shared.

By the way, are video-compilation-dvd's accepted at U2torrents?

Iit would mean that the "producer" just once has to copy it, burn it, "sell" it print artwork and go and mail it out instead of doing it several times. Saves time and money.
    It was just a suggestion to simplify the process, no worries.

U2t allows everything these days if it isn't commercially available, so they probably even allow that one.
  9. OK, fair then
  10. Originally posted by Genesis1966:Hi

ok dvd now completed (conversion!)..quality does not look too bad, but not a patch on the uncompressed version.
    the files are 199mb and there are 17 of them to upload!!..i have a rapidshare account but at the upload speeds they have i would estimate its gonna take 5-7 days to upload(compressed from 6.9gig to 3.3gig),,,soooo...i few members here have purchased the dvd version from this link...i am hoping one of them will have the time to upload the file...i dont have that time!!!!...the project has already taken alot of time and i cant afford to tie the pc up for another week uploading...

the link to purchase the dvd is here>
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320426579411

there are a few members who have purchased already....could one kindly pm me if they are willing to upload the file here (i will send them the compressed rar files with there dvd to save time)...

dvd contains 5.1 surround mix, chapters and menu`s...box and sleeve design..dual/layer dvd has been used due to the final output being 7.2gig.

compressed version has stereo acc and is compressed into mp4...

now i must sleep!...this has been a very hard project to get right...and once again i must say its been a pleasure and a pain to complete!...i have viewed alot of footage in the last 4 weeks...and the final output is pretty good...well worth the effort...although my wife has reported me as a missing person!!!!!.....

gen.

Thanks very much for this - I've just purchased a DVD and think I got the last one (phew!). If you do decide to produce another batch, please let us know here - as I'd be keen to get a copy for a friend as well.

Thanks once again...
  11. I think i will abuse the internet connection at my university to seed the full dvd9 on u2torrents when i receive it.
  12. Hi

ok all sent....enjoy!.....David2304 you have two copies sent. dvd5 and dvd9 versions.

some important changes!
    ....and hopefully David can confirm this once he recieves the dvd`s.

on using the dual layer dvd`s the write time was around 25mins per dvd...we had an order for 14!!!!...thats 7hours of burning!...plus the dual layer versions can cause a few issues during layer change(1out of 5 corrupt!)...all this has meant alot more time than I needed to complete the discs....

so...i used my skills to reduce the bitrate in the master...this enabled me to produce the dvd onto a single dvd5 disc!....now i hear you ask `what about the quality`...well hopefully David can confirm the differences...we couldn`t see any!!!!!....
    all the details have been kept also...stereo audio/5.1 surround, menu`s etc etc...i think the original conversion was way too high in bitrate...this is what caused the large files size of the master...by re-encoding we reduced the size but kept the quality!...there is no difference between the 2 dvd`s!...

also due to `time` I did not print a sleeve design but if members require it i will upload the jpegs for the front/back sleeves (easier than printing and the time saved enabled me to post all today)...the dvd`s have all been printed.

please do not think that you have a version that is `sub-standard`..we could honestly see no difference between the dvd9 and dvd5 version....but the time saved has been huge.(6mins write time for dvd5)..David i hope will confirm this with his two version.

risto and rick14 you also have two copies...the second copy is the rar files for the mp4 version...my advice...upload the dvd5 version..its around 1gig extra but contains all the menu`s and mixed audio.
    the rar`s are passworded
    Unlock> PASSWORDENTERHERE

please make a judgment after you have viewed...and please do not forget to leave feedback.
    members should recieve dvd`s tomorrow, thursday and friday depending on location.

gen.

ps...watched the final edit last night in full...with 5.1 etc....enjoyed it alot....